Friday, September 4, 2020

Stampin' Up Wreath Builder Three Ways

I have a favorite out of every Stampin' Up catalog and this year it is definitely Arrange a Wreath Bundle, especially the Wreath Builder dies.  I've only posted one card with it so far (see it here) - it was summery with all of the new in-colors.  Now I've done a trio of Christmas cards using the same set, and the same layout but with entirely different looks.

 SU Wreath Trio

The truth behind this - when the new holiday catalog came out, I totally fell for the Love of Leaves bundle but I need leaves like I need a hole in the head.  The only way I could justify getting those leaves is if I didn't buy Christmas stamps (I play these games with myself but who am I kidding - I'm sure my demonstrator will order again for me!)  But it actually wasn't hard because I knew I had these fabulous wreath dies.  So instead of Christmas stamps or dies I added a variety of products to change up the look of the wreath. There's Champagne Foil and Blue Gems, Snowflakes, and Red Velvet paper along with the Plaid Tidings dsp. 

Here's the elegant card. I love the subtle shine of the Champagne Foil and it embosses beautifully.  I layered it with Balmy Blue to coordinate with the gems, then I added some older snowflake sequins.

SU Wreath1

Then the subtle card.  I had not envisioned those adhesive snowflakes being so small.  The dimensions are clearly stated, I just didn't pay attention. I couldn't make them work on the wreath; they just got lost. So I grouped the flowers and greenery in one spot to leave a lot of open space for the itty-bitty snowflakes. Also - it says they are Just Jade but I liked them better when I used the more subtle Mint Macaron.

SU Wreath3

Then there's traditional and this is my favorite. The Red Velvet on the poinsettias is amazingly rich. I wanted to hang the sign so I used the other bow die, snipped the die cut in half and turned it sideways. The label is a different die set - Stitched Labels - that's just a great all-purpose set.

SU Wreath2 (1)

I love this set - now I need to move back on the timeline and get some fall cards done with it!  And...I can even move into the holidays next year as it has hearts and Easter eggs!  


SUPPLY LISTS - all Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted

Elegant

Stamps: Arrange a Wreath, Woodgrain Background

Dies: Wreath Builder die set

Paper: Champagne Foil, Balmy Blue

Ink: Balmy Blue, Versamark

Other: Falling Snow embossing folder, Frosted Sequins (older), Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems

Ink: Balmy Blue, Versamark

Traditional

Stamps: Arrange a Wreath

Dies: Wreath Builder die set, Stitched Labels

Paper: Red Velvet, Plaid Tidings dsp, Crumb Cake, Shaded Spruce, Just Jude and Crushed Curry CS

Ink: Shaded Spruce

Other: Tasteful Textiles embossing folder, golden gems by Studio Katia (I don't have the gold ones from Stampin' Up yet)

Subtle

Stamps: Arrange a Wreath

Dies: Wreath Builder die set

Paper: 2019-2021 In Color dsp (last years version), Purple Posy and Mint Macaron CS

Ink: Mint Macaron

Other: 2019-2021 In Color Faceted Dots, Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, Kim. I love all the designs. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful variety, these are pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!