Thursday, September 10, 2020

Inspired by...Sweet Sentiments

 I saw the challenge at Inspired By and knew it was meant to be.  I had spent quite a bit of time over the long weekend organizing my craft room.  Some of my stamp drawers were overflowing (surprised?!)  So I made a number of hard decisions regarding stamp sets that were going on a higher shelf. One of the sets out of my Stampin' Up drawer was an older set called Apple of My Eye.  I love the simple bold images so, although I knew I would never use it enough to keep it in the easy-to-get-to drawer, I also wanted to use it one more time.  And then what do I see? The perfect challenge!

Inspired by Tasty



I know the theme is "autumn" and there is no autumn in my card.  But I did get to play with yellow and black - and pears and apples - right from the graphic.  Wouldn't it be fun to have seasonal decor?  I used to do a lot of seasonal decorating - although not so far as my main wall art.  My boys just rolled their eyes so it started to seem like a lot of work (mostly to pack it all away after each holiday/season). Now I stick to the mantle, a few things on the built-ins in my living room, placemats and the garden flag out front (with a whole lot more for Christmas).

A Colorado fire update. If you read yesterday's post, you'll see that we got snow. (We broke 7+ weather records in the last few days - including heat, snow and a 70 degree temperature drop).  The snow definitely helped our firefighters because the fires slowed down for a few days and they were able to get ahead.  The most worrisome fire right now isn't out by a long shot. And the weather is going right back to the mid-80s by this coming weekend. It's above Fort Collins (where my son goes to Colorado State).  On Monday, he reported he could make footprints in the ash and pine needles raining from the sky. They say the fire would run out of fuel so Fort Collins isn't in danger; however, here is the lake on the outskirts of town at 1:30 in the afternoon on Monday.

I am in awe of the firefighters.  If this is what it is like miles away, can you even imagine being on the front line?  And this particular fire is described as extremely unpredictable and dangerous.   The firefighters had been using the Colorado State Mountain Campus and my family's beloved Sky Ranch Lutheran Camp to rest, shower and eat - supposedly to take a break.  But during their "breaks" they were cutting back trees and filling water bladders to try to save some of the historic buildings.  Over the weekend, this fire jumped the only road into those locations. I haven't heard differently so I presume the firefighters are all out but that leaves these locations surrounded and defenseless even after all of the firefighters' hard work.  It's obvious these firefighters are brave, but the emotional toll on them is unimaginable.  I'm thanking God for their strength and sending prayers for their well-being.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Apple of My Eye, Reverse Confetti Lovely Word Coordinates

Dies: Reverse Confetti Lovely Words

Ink: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, My Favorite Things Pineapple and Banana Split

Other: Pretty Pink Posh Marigold gems

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous CAS card Kim! Thanks for adding it to our IB gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!