Thursday, September 3, 2020

CAS(E) this Sketch: Hello There

 I was intrigued by the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch not only by the trio of elements but also by the sentiment placed in the lower portion of the panel.  I paged through my stash for a "trio" but came up with two different die sets that I had not used and I love the way they work together!

CtS Bird


I waited forever for that bird die.  It came out before the pandemic and quarantine and then it was out-of-stock everywhere for a very long time. I'm glad I kept looking because he's very sweet. I didn't do a great job putting him together. You can see that the top layer is a bit off-kilter but I don't notice until the photograph.  On the other hand, I deliberately did the flower off-kilter.  The layers actually line up but I liked a hint of the darker along the edges.  

Thanks to CtS for the inspiration!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: WPlus9 Strictly Sentiments 2, Taylored Expressions Shiplap Background

Dies: WPlus9 Blue Bird and Spring Florals

Other: Studio Katia Bluebell Pearls

2 comments:

  1. SO pretty...... love, love this Blue Bird/Spring Floral combination!! Perfect for the CTS challenge!
    Yes, the adorable Blue Bird die was definitely worth the wait!! Think that I might 'need' him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little bird, this is charming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!