Friday, August 14, 2020

Inspire. Create. Poppy Moments

 My Stampin' Up demonstrator's birthday is coming up next week.  (Or my "dealer" as my husband calls her!)  I pulled out the wonderful flowers from Poppy Moments with some bright and cheerful colors; and I used the sketch from the Inspire. Create. Challenge to create this card.

 Inspire Poppy Moments

I layered everything tone-on-tone just for the dimension.  I love the bright combo of Granny Apple Green and the retired Lemon Lime Twist. (FYI - I have kept every single Stampin' Up color since the beginning of time! It's amazing how often colors come back around or at least coordinate with something new.  My color revelation in yesterday's post was how well More Mustard and Cinnamon Cider work together!)  

I used the retired Gingham Gala sequins because they included Lemon Lime, but it turns out the iridescence in the Grapefruit sequins kind of coordinates with Flamingo and Mango.  

(Whew! That's a lot of color names.)

Inspire Poppy Moments CL


I have a vacation day from work today - my family was going to spend some time in the Colorado mountains before my youngest heads back to Illinois for school (knock on wood).  The sad news is that Colorado is experiencing a heavy wildfire year. Yesterday morning we decided to spend time at Chambers Lake.  Yesterday afternoon, I started getting news flashes on my phone about a new fire at...you guessed it...Chambers Lake. It's not that there aren't a lot of mountain locations to visit but there's a heavy layer of smoke over much of it.  The fifth largest wildfire in Colorado history is burning right now and is only 7% contained so will grow.  Another wildfire has closed the E-W interstate through Colorado so it's not easy to get across the state, let alone the country. It's not contained at all and is only a mile from a major power plant. It is horrifying, but at the same time I understand that forests need to clean themselves out once in a while to be healthy. (And our Colorado forests are not healthy.) I just wish somehow it could happen without the destruction and potential death - prayers going up for these hero firefighters.

On a much more positive note, my dealer demonstrator dropped by yesterday with my new order.  Hmmm...vacation day...nothing planned...I'm thinking I'll have a fabulous day in my craft room!!

Thanks to the team at Inspire.Create for the inspiration for today's card.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Watercolor Wishes (sentiment)

Dies: Stampin' Up Poppy Moments, Stitched Rectangles

Paper: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Black, Gingham Gala 6x6 dsp

Other: Stampin' Up Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins

2 comments:

  1. I love the gingham you added behind the pretty blooms! This is terrific! Hope they get those fires under control safely, that's scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. The large pink flowers are gorgeous and I adore the gingham paper in the background. (Gingham is my favorite!!) Wildfires are scary and I am glad you are safe. I also hope your son gets to go in person to school. Charlotte is at home this first semester of Junior year at college. It went to all online announced at the beginning of August. I just feel so bad because this is not how I wanted her college experience to be.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!