Thursday, July 23, 2020

The Paper Players: It's Time to Celebrate

It's definitely time to celebrate!!  The Paper Players is holding their 500th challenge!!!  I haven't played along with them since their beginning but here's my first Paper Players post on March 31, 2011 which is just a few months after I started my blog.  If you click to my first post, look at some of the comments - LeAnne Pugliese, Anne Schach, Ann Marie Hile, Jaydee - all still part of the team.  And also Nancy Leedy, administrator, and Lesley Croghan, creator. To you - and to the rest of the design team - thank you for the years of inspiration.

I don't think I've done a celebration card lately without pulling out the Pinwheel Party group of products from The Greetery. Originally I didn't get the Twisted Crepe die knowing I already had too many banners but I remedied that mistake recently.  Although I didn't do it here, it's fun because it has individual sections so you can add darker/lighter layers or different colors to clearly show the twist. 

TPP Time to Celebrate

I started with colored cardstock base and sponged on a darker color using the stencils.  The little sparkles came from the Pinwheel Party stamp set.  And did you notice that I splattered ink?!  I don't do that often because I really hate the lack of control.  But it worked this time!  I've been using Silks by Fun Stampers Journey.  They are packaged like finger nail polish so I can just tap on the applicator and I have splatters. Although a fun (or sad) story - A particularly big splatter showed through one of the openings on the large green pinwheel.  That's all I could see, so I actually pried up part of the pinwheel and slid a small piece of white paper under the hole.  That is utterly obsessive and so very controlling. Of course, now I can see which one it is because it's white, instead of sponged on blue - but I didn't sponge a scrap with blue and try again.  I think that's proof that I can "let go" - HA!

Thanks again to The Paper Players - here's to another 500 challenges!!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: The Greetery Sentiment Suite: Birthday
Dies: The Greetery Pinwheel Party dies, Twisted Crepe, Sentiment Suite Basics die
Other: Pinwheel Party stencil

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pretty colors that you used for this card. That Pinwheel set is a MUST HAVE for any card maker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to celebrate Kim, what a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim
    firstly, thank you for the shout out. I can't tell you how much we appreciate that you have been a Player for so long. It was wonderful to go back to your first card! Thank you for the trip down memory lane :-) Your card this week is a perfect CAS card. I love the bright colors, the streamers and the stars. The white sentiment on black is the perfect way to anchor the colors. This is guaranteed to brighten the day of the recipient! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pinwheels! And I remember when the PP first started as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at your splatter obsession - even with the photo enlarged, I'm not sure I'm seeing the white! :) I had fun going back down memory lane at your first card for this challenge. I enjoyed reading some of your early posts, seeing cards made with stamps I still have, and rereading how to start a card ministry, etc. I have loved your blog for a long time and am one of those "rarely leave a comment" people. Thanks for the fun look back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks so much for the sweet comments, and thank YOU for being such an "obsessive" contributor to our challenges, LOL! I just redid part of a card after almost finishing a blog post because it just needed something else....so I think we are all perfectionists of a sort! This is such a fun way to use these pinwheels...and you did them so well! Cassidy just learned to splatter recently too....it's definitely a technique that takes practice! Thanks so much for sharing this fun creation with us as we celebrate our 500th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this!! What cute design. Thanks for celebrating with us this week at The Paper Players 500th challenge! So fun to hear you have been playing along since the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE your card, Kim! The bright colors, the pinwheels and the spatters all scream "celebrate"! And yes, I would have had to have covered up the big spatter behind the pinwheel opening, too. I enjoyed looking back at the first card you shared with us from our early days, and I am so glad you celebrated our 500th challenge with us. Happy stampin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card says "celebrate" for sure! The pinwheels remind me of ferris wheels - with a little bit of fireworks mixed in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, your post just made me smile! So glad you are celebrating with us this week! Your card is fabulous and I love the bright pop of color on the clean design. As always, you ROCK the details beautifully. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your trio of pinwheels Kim - I would have had to adjust for the splatter too (so glad it's not just me!) This card is perfect for our celebration this week; I loved seeing your first card for a PP challenge too - thank you for being such a great supporter of our challenge for such a long time, always lovely to see you in the Paper Players gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really tempted by those pinwheel dies and you haven't made my willpower any stronger! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just the perfect card for celebration! I love the party atmosphere with pinwheels and the twisted garlands, they remind of happy summer garden parties.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!