Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Paper Players: Poppy Moments

The soft color challenge at The Paper Players caught my eye especially because I had recently decided that Stampin' Up's Seaside Spray was my favorite from that batch of In Colors and I needed to stock up before its retirement in a year. 

I have a workmate with a birthday this week.  I don't know her at all; the poor lady started just two weeks before we were all sent home to work.  I know she lives out of town on some acreage and I get the impression of a calm and simple life so this is what I came up with.

Paper Players It's Your Day


My first use of Smoky Slate was to stamp the sentiment and cut plain cardstock for the flower center but then I remembered that I had Smoky Slate embossing powder. I love the shine it adds - it's just a bit more celebratory! These dies will always be some of my favorites - the flower is wonderfully big and detailed - yet still very clean. I used vellum for the bottom layer to keep the softness of the colors. The sentiment just retired but I purchased it a few weeks ago from a retirement sale.  It was a bit of a happy accident. I had ordered a different set, but it was gone, so the seller asked if I wanted a substitute set.  I added this set and look - it's just right for my card!

Thank you to The Paper Players for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Stampin' Up Around the Corner (retired)
Dies: Stampin' Up Poppy Moments, Layering Squares Framelits
Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron, Seaside Spray, Perennial Essence Vellum, 2019-2021 In Color dsp (last year's)
Other: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate Embossing Powder, Pretty Pink Posh Buttercream gems

4 comments:

  1. Love everything about this card! The embossed sentiment really stands out, but the vellum on the flower....wowza! It's all gorgeous! Thanks for playing with my colors this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this, what a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Kim! Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card! Love the vellum flower and your sentiment was the perfect fit! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!