Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches: Sending Hugs

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Lee Ann and here’s what I did with it!

A Great Big Hug


Each die from Pinkfresh Studio is actually part of a rectangle so I trimmed one side off.  This made them a bit smaller than the card front so I used a frame die from Simon Says to size it down but still stay in the spirit of the sketch.

After I settled on the dies, I felt like the card had the look of an envelope so I knew it needed a "sending you" type of sentiment. I ordered some Ink to Paper recently and I tucked in some clearance Papertrey Ink sets.  I got a couple "sending you" stamp sets for just a few dollars each that had the ending part of the "sending you..." sentiment but the die that actually had the "sending you" was no longer available. Clear as mud??  Anyway, I knew it wouldn't be hard to find dies in other brands so I just had to shop again and found a variety in different fonts.  This card called out for my new die in a dainty, swirly font!!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Sentiment Staples: Sending You
Dies: Pinkfresh Studio Frame Builder: Botanical Rectangle, Creative Expressions Mini Expressions - Sending, Simon Says Stamp A2 Thin Frames
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Petal Pink, Grapefruit Grove, Calypso Coral, Soft Sea Foam, Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide
Other: Cartwright Pale Leaf sequins

9 comments:

  1. I may have to start hiking to CO just to view your diecut collection! I love how you made rectangle one work for this card! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dies work perfectly with the sketch, and the color combo is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Kim it takes great design talent to use this sketch and keep it CAS. I love how you described the process to your card design and your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is PERFECT!! I actually have the oval kind like this and now I wish I got the rectangle!! LOVE your colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like this so much!! PRETTY PRETTY card Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing! These dies look effortless, but I know they take time and patience to assemble, so I am quite impressed with the details....you are one crafty crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is stunning! Such a very clever and beautiful take on the sketch, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do make this look easy. What a beautiful card this is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!