Monday, May 20, 2019

Taylored Expressions: Celebrate Strips

One of my favorite things from the last Taylored Expressions release was the Simple Strips stamps and the coordinating die.  The stamp is a full-size background stamp with row after row of sentiments.  Then the die is a full-size set of strips to cut them all out at once and you have a quick and easy set of sentiments for your stash.

This card uses it all slightly differently.  I took advantage of the die and cut stacks of plain banners out of four different masculine colors.  Then I used the stamp to mask off the sentiment I wanted and created one sentiment off to the edge of the strip (they typically line up in the center).

Taylored Expressions Celebrate Strips

I lined the strips off down the edge and cut the front slightly smaller than a standard front.  (I didn't actually trim off the banners first - I adhered them as is and then used a paper trimmer to cut off the straight edge.)  I added itty-bitty stars from Little Bits - Celebration Confetti. I also used the Star Fall Background to add interest on the gray panel on the side. I thought this all gave it a great look of celebration but still very masculine.

Taylored Expressions Celebrate Strips

I love how the die works for this card! So much detail, but so easy to do!

SUPPLY LIST

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card Kim! I like like the tiny stars at the ends of the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific way to use that die.....very clever! Now I think I need it.....lol.....love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great card design!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!