Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Thinking of You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum.


I flipped through my not-yet-used stash looking for inspiration and it occurred to me that a new flower that I had was in a somewhat triangular shape which would work for that corner.

FSM Thinking of You

I played around with adding a butterfly for the circle in the corner. I liked it (maybe even a bit better than what I ended up with) but to get it big enough to show up on the lovely flower, I thought it hid too much.  So I decided to keep the full floral and spotlight it.  

FMS Thinking of You Flat

Jen has given us a wonderful sketch - wide open for your creativity!  I look forward to see what you create.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: STAMPlorations Best Mom Ever by dee's Arsty Imprssions
Dies: CUTplorations Thinking of You, Stampin' Up Layering Circles Framelits
Cardstock: Taylored Expressions Pineapple
Patterned Paper: Sunny Studio Dots & Stripes Pastels

9 comments:

  1. I love how you've used the spotlight technique with the sketch! And I love this fun stamp. Fabulous card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice clean sketch! And I love how you used it for your card!! Spotlight stamping is such a clever find.
    Makes me rethink my own stamps, ha, ha :-)
    The shape of your stamped image is perfect.
    The elegant little black scalloped circle gives your image a little extra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spotlight technique is a great way to highlight the circle element of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous!! I LOVE the spotlight technique on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the highlight.....wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The highlight you used is the perfect touch for tbis card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like this! What a pretty card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, this card is just gorgeous! I love those flowers! They are so pretty and I love how just the circle is coloured! It stands out so nicely! Love that sentiment too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh, the spotlighted area adds the 'shazam'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!