Monday, April 22, 2019

Stamplorations: Thinking of You

I don't do a lot with stencils and I have absolutely no idea why.  Particularly with my clean and layered style - they are perfect to add a hint of a background.  Sadly, I often think of it after a card is done and everything is glued down - then it occurs to me that a bit of pattern in the background would have added interest.

In a recent order from Stamplorations, I threw in some stencils.  I got one especially for cards that I need quickly but still have to be special.  I knew I was challenging my stenciling and blending skills with this one - but the stencil and a die cut sentiment is exactly what I needed!!  And you know what?  It turns out it's easy to use!

Stamplorations Thinking of You

I am not a pro at blending.  There are definitely some edges on this guy that I could have/should have blended out.  But what I am a pro at is getting exceedingly messy when I'm doing inky things and then getting fingerprints and smudges on my card. I had ink all over my hands and then the stencil slipped - so I decided discretion was the wise choice and I stopped.

Stamplorations Thinking of You Close

I feel like this stencil could go a number of directions.  It could be soft and feminine.  It could be "misty" (there's a reverse stencil so you could ink the bird then use the reverse to add some softness around it.)  I went with dark navy for my masculine bird because of the current challenge at Stamplorations.  I think he's gorgeous!



SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Cutplorations Thinking of You (by Stamplorations)
Cardstock: Bristol Smooth, Taylored Expressions Blue Corn
Ink: Distress Oxides in Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Tumbled Glass, and Faded Jeans, then I brushed on a bit of Taylored Expressions Blue Corn
Other: Artplorations Perched Bird Stencil, Pretty Pink Posh Starry Sky Mix (for the eye)

5 comments:

  1. I think it's gorgeous too!!
    And there's nothing wrong with your blending skills! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This turned out so cool! Not bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird has a really lovely quality to it, it is well defined but subtle and smooth. The blending looks fabulous, I know exactly what you mean about smudges and stencils moving. I think I have been really careful and then lift the stencil and find leaks and smudges and have no idea how they got there. Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a nice comment, it is the stencil challenge that has got me using my stencils more. I am learning such a lot from entering challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stenciled bird on a branch using your blended colors. Beautiful CAS card design with your added die cut sentiment. TFS Kim and joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge with optional color twist: dark Navy. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!