Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Thank Ewe

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


I recently spontaneously purchased a stamp.  I'm very deliberately not "spontaneous" these days. I used to be - but the sheer volume in my craft room shows the results of those days. So I've had a rule for the last few years that I put something in my wishlist and if I'm still in love with it in a month or two - then I buy.  It's amazing how many things drop off my radar and never get purchased.  Consequently, only those things that I truly love find a home in my stash.  It works.  But a few weeks ago, I was due to work in about 1/2 hour, enjoying my last sips of coffee - and I saw this post for Simon Says Stamp.  I fell hard for the Tim Holtz Funny Farm stamp set (BTW - Jo's blog has many more samples).  I also fell for the Wildflower card immediately above it.  Within five minutes, I had both items in my cart and on the way to me!!!

Here's the Funny Farm...

FMS Thank Ewe

I figure it was meant to be.  My oldest son came down from college a few weeks for my belated birthday celebration.  His gift to me was a beer or two (or more) at the neighborhood brewery.  And more importantly - he was my designated driver!  Obviously that required a thank you.  How perfect is this set going to be for me for many situations over the years as I'm surrounded by males.  Not that it's just a masculine set - but it works perfectly and it has a bit of fun to it without being cutesy.

FMS Thank You Close

I found an old paper pack that had just the right colors and then used those colors to do some limited coloring on the image (totally inspired by Jo (link above)).  I am thrilled with everything about this.  I'm still tickled by those images (no buyers-regret at all!). And the fun sketch added just the right amount of detail for a card for my son!  Hope to see you playing along this week.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Tim Holtz Funny Farm
Dies: Taylored Expressions Stitched Square Stacklet, Sweet & Sassy Hearts & Stars Scallop Borders (retired)
Paper: We R Memory Keepers Indian Summer, Taylored Expressions Confetti Cake
Ink: Copics

9 comments:

  1. This was a great impulse purchase! I love sets with puns, and they usually work great with guys too. Cute card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ewe for posting such a fun card! It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE!! I love that fun image and the layering you did. I need to do this with my impulse buys. I have been so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing Kim! It's easy to over shop in this line of crafting LOL! This card is adorable. Looks like your purchase was worth it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a great buy! I totally love those little farm animals - especially that sheep! So sweet! Love the paper too! Such a great thank you card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find myself buying things with the same watchful eye too. But sometimes you just have to go with your gut and buy those cute stamp sets! Like this one! Adorable card. Love the patterned paper you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love this, Kim! The 'ewe' is adorable but as you said, not too cutesy! If we weren't cautious about what we purchase, I dare say, I personally would need a bigger house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sheep is just so cool! What a fabulous card for a young man. And happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! This sweet little image just made me laugh out loud! I am loving this matching image and sentiment combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!