Monday, August 20, 2018

Color Throwdown: Don't Give Up

The colors at the Color Throwdown caught my eye this week but I went in a very different direction than the inspiration photo or the inspiration from the design team.

Here's my card:

Color Throwdown Cattails

Here's the challenge:


I used the colors to create a sunrise/sunset card behind a die that I unexpectedly purchased the last time that I was shopping at Simon Says Stamp.  I was ready to check out and started getting those "other people purchased these products" messages and there was the Cattail Triptych.  And even better, it was $20 marked down to $8 (and it's still there).  I'd never noticed it before but thought it would be perfect for masculine cards so it popped into my cart. 

I'd imagined brilliant sunsets behind it - but these colors gave it a more soft and gentle look.  I splattered a little watered down white acrylic paint on it - maybe stars or maybe fireflies. 

I like it.  I'm glad it jumped into my cart!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp (SSS) You Got This
Dies: SSS Cattail Triptych
Ink: SSS Melon, Lake Shores, Fog and Smoke (in the background), Slate (sentiment)

9 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this! It's striking and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the colours and a fabulous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! The softness of the colors contrasted with the crisp white silhouettes is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a winner this card is, I can see why it was picked. The die cut is amazing and so wonderfully highlighted with the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....stunning in its elegant simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this!! Fabulous use of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad this jumped into your cart, too. Gorgeous!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. You say the ”Don’t give up” is from the SSS “You Got This” stamp set. It evidently isn’t. Can you tell me where it IS found? Thanks. Your card is just SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! It's the You Got This set - right here: https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Simon-Says-Clear-Stamps-YOU-GOT-THIS-SSS101782-STAMPtember-SSS101782?currency=USD

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!