Monday, April 9, 2018

Taylored Expressions: Reach for the Stars

Every other month, we get to meet one of the dedicated staff at Taylored Expressions. The staff member picks a theme and the entire creative team gives them ideas.  This month we met Leslie who is the Director of Customer Experience.  Away from Taylored Expressions, she’s mom to three girls, the oldest of which is graduating from high school this spring. In preparation for the onslaught of the grad parties, Leslie would love to have some ideas for graduation gifts. 

I also have a graduating senior this year so I can relate. I need to create for my son and all of this friends.  Plus my husband coaches the high school lacrosse team, so he always has another dozen or so gift needs.

To meet Leslie's needs and my own, I put together a quick and easy gift card idea.  I wanted it to be a step up from a gift card in an envelope (although I'm sure the recipients really wouldn't care how they got the gift card!)  I purchased some cheerful journals, added a Tag Pocket out of which I cut stars using the Shining Star Cutting Plate and then backed the stars using colors from the journal.

Graduation Gift Card Pocket

Cutting the stars took a bit of ingenuity with my die-cutting machine.  I cut the tag pocket and before putting it together, lined it up with only the front part on the cutting plate.  (The back hangs off so it doesn't get cut.)  Then I lined up the cutting plate with the center toward the lower left (where I put the sentiment.)  Cutting the backing colors is really easy with the coordinating Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate.  I added the rays of color and trimmed them before folding up the Tag Pocket.

Here's the full effect!

Graduation Gift Card Pocket

To get to know Leslie even better and to see all of the inspiration, check out all of the posts on the Taylored Expressions blog.   Here's Day 1 - take a peek and then go forward from there. 

SUPPLY LIST


1 comment:

  1. WOW! A fabulous ensemble, Kim! Practical and beautiful! The journal is wonderfully vibrant; most of the ones I see in stores around here are 'meh'! I'll be keeping an eye open for pretty ones like this...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!