To make the stripes, I used Post-It tape and masked each one off - then used Clarity Stencil Brushes to add ink letting it fade off at the ends. After trying multiple times and smudging, or getting it too dark, or having the Post-It tape lift up - I finally got a good one and then realized my stripes were reversed from the sketch. Oops. But I decided to keep it that way because it kept the blue stripe and the "rain drops" above the umbrella.
I went with bright colors and cheerful patterns for the umbrella to match the idea of the sentiment. I ended up really liking this idea. By the time I was done with this one I was a pro in creating the stripes so I created multiple extra backgrounds. I think this will be a great card for the church card racks.
I hope to see you playing along this week!!