Friday, July 18, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches: Flower of Thanks

In my NBUS stash (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) are the Tag Talk dies from My Favorite Things which are the current free-with-$60-purchase item.  (This should also tell you that I have even more MFT NBUS stuff!)  When I saw the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, it seemed like a perfect use of these tags.

Thanks

If you look closely, you can see the diagonal stripe on the light blue panel.  I love diagonal stripes because they give the affect of a spotlight on your image or sentiment.  I buy paper pads for the single sheet of diagonal stripe paper in them. I am hoping to remedy these purchases with this background stamps. It's another new release at MFT and I would imagine that I will give it a lot of use - - - but time will tell because, for completely unknown reasons, background stamps always end up alone and unused in the back of my craft storage!

I did have to do the mirror-image of the sketch because of the direction of the words on the tag.


  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Diagonal Stripes Background
  • Paper: MFT Kraft, Gumdrop Green, Sour Apple, Lemon Apple, Blue Raspberry, Berrylicious
  • Ink: white
  • Accessories: MFT Tag Talk dies, Layered Leaves die, Gerbera Daisy die, Doodlebug enamel dots, Hemptique 10-lb white twine

 

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the tag, the flower and of course the diagonal lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the bg stripes with these lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly beautiful! Think that I need some of that MFT schtuff.... love those tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bold, beautiful, bright!
    That flower, those tags, the colours - pure sunshine-y delight!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well at least your NBUS is used now and then, mine is just collecting dust, ha, ha. Just sitting pretty in some drawer I totally forgot about, ha, ha.
    I do feel a little bit guilty about this NBUS collection I have, but my intentions to make some great cards/ projects with it are always numerous every time I buy some new stuff I just HAVE to HAVE, ha, ha.
    Anyway, I love the sunny and very cheerful card you made!!!
    Bye, can't wait to see what you come up next time!! :-)


    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you said that about background stamps. I used to swear by them as a way to add subtle texture to my cards but somewhere along the way I had forgotten to use them because now they sit quite neglected on a shelf. Maybe it's time to dig them out and use them every so often!

    I love the soft shimmer the diagonal stripes add to your card. Especially against that bright flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Kim, the big daisy is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For whatever reason, bg stamps hate me. They never cooperate, so I've vowed not to buy anymore! But this one....oh dear me...! Beautiful card, Kim. Everything is absolutely perfect on it. Love that little tag, and that flower is stunning too. Really a lovely card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Love the colors, the flower and tag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card,Kim!! Great colors and i love the tag and the pretty flower! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card!! I have these dies too and have not cracked them open. I really like the background diagonals. You need to crack out those background stamps and stop buying the patterned paper. Put them within reach of where you work and you will get more use out of them. (Like I should talk. I am queen of buying paper. Part of it is the scrapbooker in me but who am I kidding. I just like buying paper! LOL) Really wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors and beautiful card! I'm so happy to see that leaf die used because I ordered in only last week and can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh. Now I need some MFT dies and stamps. I love the daisy and the leaves so, so much! Great card, great colors. I just love your work! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!