It's time for a new challenge at Catered Crop. We are challenged to use vellum. I have to admit to having to dig for my vellum stash even though it seems to be on trend right now. Every once in awhile, I'll pull it out for a sentiment strip or banner. It's not usually planned, rather I get a card almost done and realize that regular cardstock would hide too much, so I pull out the vellum. For today's cards, I wanted to feature it a bit more. I did do two cards. The first was a bit of an accident - the second idea came to me while I was struggling with the first!
I was working on an idea for the current Sweet Sunday Sketch with no thought of vellum in my mind. But I realized how soft and feminine the card was and thought that sheer vellum would be a great touch and it would also allow more of the patterned paper to show. I love the way vellum looks when it is embossed - the embossed area turns whiter and really shows the pattern. (I did have to add a piece of cardstock with the vellum in the folder to keep the vellum from cracking.)
You have until 8 p.m. EST on Saturday, August 2 to create with vellum and link up at Catered Crop. Hope to see you playing along!
You Are Loved
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp You, Stampin' Up Papillon Potpourri
- Paper: My Favorite Things Bubblegum, Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet and Aqua Mist, We R Memory Keepers 6x6 Chalkboard pad, scraps of vellum
- Ink: Versamark
- Accessories: Martha Stewart Die-Cut Lace Tags, Simon Says You Die, Stampin' Up Butterfly Punch and Bitty Banners die, Wow! Super Fine Bright White Embossing Powder, Webster's Pages Party Time mixed sequins
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted Sweet Little Sentiments
- Paper: Kraft, misc vellum, MME Blink of an Eye 6x6 pad
- Ink: Versamark
- Accessories: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Heart Die set, Wow! Super Fine Bright White Embossing Powder, Papertrey Ink Summer Sunshine button, MFT Blueprints 13 (the stitching around the edge of the vellum), Hemptique 10-lb white twine