Andrew comes back from D.C. tonight! I've begged him for pictures - and all I got from their experiences at the inauguration yesterday was this...
(Luckily there is a professional photographer on the trip so I am able to view much better pictures on that gentlemen's website!)
This picture was taken during the President's inaugural speech - I'm not sure real sure what we are looking at in this photo except a subset of the million people in attendance!!
To hear Andrew relate the story, it was not the best day for the group. They walked for over three hours fighting crowds all the way, got there just as the President started speaking and, even though the news is reporting a flawless event, Andrew says the jumbo-tron wasn't working at all and the sound system was cutting in and out. So he didn't see or hear a thing. Then they had all afternoon to kill - I think their travel agent let them down because they were planning to visit museums - but they were ALL closed!! Don't feel too bad for them - they have had the last day and a half to visit - so they have seen the monuments, toured the Capitol, the Spy Museum, the Holocaust Museum, and Arlington (he has a picture of the President's helicopter lifting off when they were there on Sunday). They also have until mid-afternoon today before they head to the airport but I don't know what they will be visiting.
Typical teenager - do you know what his trip highlights have been?
1. There is a microwave in their room and a grocery store across the street - so they buy big bags of frozen Pizza Rolls to snack on!
2. He was so exhausted yesterday that for the first ever in his whole life - he had a cup of coffee. Well, actually, a Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce latte which is more dessert than coffee. And he liked it!!
In fairness, he has spent a lot of time in D.C. since my husband's brother and family, his mother and many cousins are in the area and we visit regularly. So I'm not overly surprised that his highlights weren't seeing the sites!!
It has just dawned on me that I need to make him a welcome home card with a cup of coffee on it - so I better get working!!
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Seasonal Sayings
- Paper: Stampin' Up Real Red
- Ink: Memento Black
- Accessories: Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts die, Dress It Up Heart Button, The Twinery Maraschino Twine, Hobby Lobby brand ribbon