As it turns out, I don't hate my first ever blog card. That's not remotely the same as saying that I love it, but I don't hate it!
But when I got up to work on it this morning, I truly struggled. Perhaps it's just because I'm not getting as much cardmaking time as usual. (For those of you that asked, being a full-time college student is kicking my butt!! It's not particularly hard, but it is much more time-consuming than I had planned on even in the worst case scenario!) The cards that you saw on my blog this week, I actually made last week - so I haven't been in my craft corner for a week - skills seriously deteriorate in ONE week!!
I really don't have time to struggle, because I also have a paper to write, a chapter to read and a quiz to take!! So after a number of false starts - I decided to add my own criterion. What am I using or doing a lot now that I didn't back then? Unfortunately, the list got long.
1. White space
2. Small square cards
3. Baker's twine - love the lighter, airier look of a little twine vs. a ribbon
5. Embossing folders and plates
6. Dies/punches that coordinate with stamps
7. Pennants and flags
I put together a CAS card with ALL of the above!! (Sorry for the dark picture - I could not lighten it up without losing the embossing detail). I don't see much resemblance between the two cards but what I was going for were the trio of things across the bottom.
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Papillon Potpourri, Itty Bitty Banners
- Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet
- Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet
- Accessories: Papertrey Ink impression plate, kraft buttons, Trendy Twine, Stampin' Up butterfly punch and banner die