Wednesday, August 22, 2012

CASology Cue Card: Green

This week's CASology Cue Card is "green".  That keeps the option pretty wide open!!  I do so love green.

I was feeling inspired to make a card dedicated to those affected by the troubles at the church (see yesterday's post).  So many families have left that church and so many others are still there but are hurting.  I saw these leaves and this sentiment - which is clearly directed at autumn leaves - but I thought it made so much sense in this situation.

Season of Change


I spent some time playing with the leaf - multiple colors, crumpling, "sueding", etc., but the simple fact is that the detail on it allows it to stand alone.  It is die cut and I slightly rolled the edges.  It does have three inks on it including some gold on the edges although that isn't real clear from the photo.

I want to thank everybody who responded yesterday via comments or email.  So many good ideas!

I also realized that I forgot to say "thank you" to all of my blog friends and all of you who don't even know that I rely on you.  With all the church troubles, I have been very bad these past few weeks at commenting.  But I do read your blogs and it never fails that I smile, laugh and ooh and aah through your posts!!!


  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Season of Change
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado, white
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado, Stampin' Up Old Olive, Delicata Golden Glitz
  • Accessories:Sweet 'n Sassy Season of Change dies, misc gold cord

19 comments:

  1. A lovely card Kim, that leaf has so much detail that is does stand along--beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us again this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely peaceful card Kim, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the sentiment is perfect. Love the little bit of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That leaf is stunning, Kim, and I love how you let it e the star of the show. Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. I haven't read the other post, but I'm sorry to hear of the troubles in the church. Problems like this always seem to be worse somehow when it's in a church of people who are supposed to be able to get along. But of course, we're only human. I hope things get better soon! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry things haven't worked out as you planned for your church, but I'm glad you're still making What a beautiful card! I love this gorgeous leaf with the gold cord accent! It's so peaceful and serene!
    I donate most of my cards to OperationWriteHome.org - it's a great organization I've been a part of for several years. I also enjoy making cards for St Judes hospital for kids on occasion, as well as friends and relatives. I hope things get better for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I am sorry things are going awry at your church....it seems wherever there are sinful people, troubles follow...and churches are not exempt! We are going through some struggles as well, but it is like the Lord doing his pruning...painful but necessary. I am sure you will find a wonderful outlet for your card ministry regardless of where you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the curl of this leaf and the fact that it's green. As much as I love the Autumn colors, I love seeing green leaves on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly gorgeous, Kim! Love its elegant simplicity and it will surely bring comfort to the recipient! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sigh... this is so beautiful kim! i love seeing what you come up with each week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim! Continuing to pray for y! This is an amazing card! I meant to add to yesterday's post that I give my cards to our local school for their mother's day stall ... And for the craft stall at their country fair. It is a small help to the school ... But it is worth it! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you did the leaf as well as the entire card! So sorry to hear of yet another church split...seems to be an epidemic around here too. We now travel 40 minutes to an LCMS church that still remains Christ-centered through 3 pastoral changes. We had to change churches many times due to all sorts of conflicts that never should have been an issue, so I understand what you're going through. I hope you find a new church home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful elegant card. The leaf is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card Kim especially with the sentiment and feeling that is behind it. Hope things are picking up. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card for the CASology challenge! I love how that green leaf just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of the cue - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is so lovely and so apt for what you have been going through.A really beautiful and elegant card x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got this set! Your card is beautiful~thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the simplicity of this. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!