Friday, January 25, 2013

Eyes for You in Pink and Blue!!

There's a challenge going on over at The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS) with this inspiration photo that includes some lovely pinks.


The set that originally got me all excited about The Alley Way Stamps is called adoraBOWL and includes three fun and funky pairs of glasses.  As a long-time wearer of glasses (with about 6 years in the middle glasses-free due to LASIK) - this set just had to go in my collection.  But I haven't used it yet.  So I decided funky pink glasses would work well.

Eyes for You in Pink
I made this two days ago to meet the deadline for the TAWS blog, then yesterday I sat down to write this post and I realized that the card made no sense.  On the one hand, I was practically giddy that I had made a spontaneous gem purchase that ended up being PERFECT for these glasses.  On the other hand, how does this card get used?  I wouldn't give it to my hubby because...it's pink!!  He wouldn't give a card like this to me because the "I" in "I only have eyes" implies that the glasses are his and...they're pink!!  Had I thought of this in advance, this card could have been saved because there are other "eye" sentiments in the set.
So, although I'm happy with the card, I tried again.  I wear brown glasses with a hint of aqua on the edges (although not cat eyes!)  Nice, masculine colors and perfect for a card!!

Eyes for You in Aqua

Although hard to see - I did add Glossy Accent for the lenses on both cards!

Big news at TAWS - the huge online stamp store, Simon Says Stamp, is now carrying TAWS so you can add them to your cart along with that darn "falling hearts" die that I have been using this week!!  FYI - when I looked this morning - if you use the Manufacturer Search drop down box to find TAWS look for just "Alley Way".  And...as of yesterday they only had 9 sets available but there are many more to come!
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps adoraBOWL, Chatterbox (the sentiment; although there are also great "eye" sentiments in adoraBOWL.)
  • Paper: first card is Stampin' Up Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink, second card is Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate and Aqua Mist
  • Ink: first card is Memento black and Copics, second card is Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate and Aqua Mist
  • Accessories: first card uses Hobby Lobby brand rhinestones, second card uses Papertrey Ink buttons and twine

12 comments:

  1. I love both versions! I reckon you could get away with pink to your hubby on valentine's day because, well, pink and red are the colours for valentines' day. Go on, I dare you! And you can always blame me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are both just fab! Love the second card - I'm more into the cooler colours! As a fellow specs wearer, I think this set might find it's way into a basket soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so cute...love the funky glasses!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are adorable--the pink one makes me giddy and the blue is perfect for hubs! Enjoyed your post today, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous.....I am in love with those gems on the first card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love BOTH cards....and really enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are fabulous ... on the pink version those teeny gems are perfect and on the aqua one I love that amazing, chunky, masculine double button! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are funky and FUN Kim! Love all of the polka dots and those cute retro glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, both of these cards are fabulous and I just love the retro look of the glasses, so I Love Lucy! I just love your use of the polka dots too, just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading the voice in your head ramblings! Your analysis was hilarious ... Yet quite logical just the same! Love both ... Obviously the first is perfect for the challenge ... But having a passion for green ... I guess no. 2 gets my vote! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I, like you, tend to over think my designs. I've realised though that every card is right for someone out there so just go with it! They're both awesome and those dotty rhinestones have stolen me heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of your cards! Fun, funky glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!