Friday, July 13, 2012

Big News: The Alley Way Stamps

I have just recently discovered The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS).  They are fun and funky, wild and crazy, retro-rad stamp company!!

And, amazingly, they discovered me too!!  They have asked me to be on their design team!!!  


After I picked myself up off the floor, I emailed right back, "Really??  Have you looked at my blog??  Do you see what kind of cards that I make?  Have you looked at my photo and realized I am slightly(?) over middle-aged?  I don't do fun, funky, wild, crazy and retro rad cards."  They assured me that they knew my work and wanted my style represented in their stamps.  


So...I'm on the team!!!

Check out the these fun samples that I put together for this announcement!!


Bee-cause You're Sweet

Something that I find very fun about TAWS stamps is that the sentiments come in individual words so you can put together your own fun sentiments.  I picked the words and then blocked them together into the square shape so it fit the card!

The TAWS blog is FULL of fun samples and creative sentiments!

Check out this Christmas sample - don't you love his expression!

You Light Up My Life

The picture isn't great - but check out his nose!!  What a perfect sentiment!

His sparkly nose!


I put this card together last week - I call it Big Hugs from Big Tweet!!

Big Hugs from Big Tweet


You'll definitely be seeing much, much more TAWS on my blog!!  I already have and am happily playing with the new stamps that are coming out for August.  Stay tuned!!!

Bee-Cause You're Sweet
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamp Priceless Joy (the bee), Jibber Jabber ("You" - I cut "For You" apart), Chatterbox ("bee-cause", "are" and "so"), Mad Gab ("sweet")
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Old Olive CS, Razzleberry CS and dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Old Olive
You Light Up My Life
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Fa-La-La
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Candy Cane Christmas, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze
  • Ink: Memento black and copics
  • Accessories: Spellbinders Fancy Tags One (it's actually a sideways tag on which you put a sentiment, but I used it sideways as a little flourish), Cuttlebug embossing folder, Ranger Glossy Accents with Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter sprinkled on before it dried
  • Challenge: I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

Big Hugs from Big Tweet - previously published with details here

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kim, What a lovely surprise and lots of new images to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, big congrats Kim, you are going to be one busy bee! A Fabulous fun set of cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats, Kim. The stamps look like heaps of fun to play with. I'm looking forward to seeing what funky, retro and hip designs you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are perfect for this team, Kim! Your style is so varied ... You can handle anything! And with such a fun personality ... You will be fine! Hugs xxx
    PS Love your super cute samples! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations!! I think this set of cards is such fun - love the bee card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS cards! A big welcome to the team Kim :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BIG congrats Kim...SO HAPPY for you! Your cards are really RAD LOL!!! You'll do a great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congrats Kim, of course I am not surprised they chose you lol, you make fabulous cards !Lovely card samples here too. Daren't look at their stamps yet I have bought so much this month already lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! How exciting for you. I can't wait to see what you create with there fun stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Kim! I'd say this is pretty RAD! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Kim! This is awesome news! Your cards are just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so fun, Kim! I especially love the sparkly nose on the reindeer. Big congrats on joining the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Kim... Alison made a great choice :0)
    Your style suits these stamps perfectly I would say ...just look at these cute cards :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why would you ever be surprised that they would pick YOU to be on their design team? Your cards are AWESOME!!! A few stores are thanking you because many times I go shopping after I see your cards! (Just ordered one of the embossing folders you used on a hexagon card!) Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on being named to the design team...I love their style and your adorable, funky cards! Looking forward to more great work...although my wallet isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the cards on this post. These stamps are so cute, you are going to make some fantastic cards with them no doubt, can't wait to see more. I have followed your blog for ages, and can't believe we are now on a team together :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an asset you will be to the TAWS design team! They are smart to choose you - you will sell a lot of stamps for them with your creative and adorable cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Kim!!! TAWS made a really good choice! Love your bee card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Kim, that's awesome news! Have fun playing with your new TAWS goodies - can't wait to see what you create! These three examples are fun & fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations and it looks well deserved to me! Such fun cards! Love that little reindeer. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Kim. I love TAWS and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic bunch of cards! You have a great eye for detail... Thanks for playing along with this week's FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kim,
    I am so excited to have you on my team.. you are so talented, and your cards are so inspiring.. I can't wait to see LOTS more from you :)
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!