Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dynamic Duos: Big HUGS from Big Tweet

This week's color challenge at Dynamic Duos is the Bold & Sassy combination of Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive.  I decided to stretch my comfort zone and take the "sassy" part of the challenge very seriously...


Big Hugs from Big Tweet


Isn't that guy absolutely charming?  I named him "Big Tweet!"  This came about because I won a set of stamps from The Alley Way Stamps.  Of course, I won one set but I managed to buy four others...funny how that works!! 

There is quite a variety of inspiration from the various members of the design team - this color combo can go SO many different ways!!  Check everybody out, then pull out your Razzleberry and Olive (or something close) and head back to  Dynamic Duos to post you card - we would LOVE to see what you come up with!



Remember the basic rules...1) Don't link to any other color challenges and 2) use ONLY these two colors + neutrals.

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Priceless Joy (the bird and "tweet"), Talk to Me (the speech bubble and "big") and Jibber Jabber ("hugs")
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Old Olive CS and Rich Razzleberry dsp and CS
  • Ink: black, Old Olive and Versamark
  • Accessories: white pen, Cuttlebug polka dot embossing, misc twine, cloud and scallop dies, Black Enamel Accents (his eyes with a little white dot)

17 comments:

  1. Kim, this is fabulous and fun! Love Big Tweet and his very smart spotty coat! The cut-out cloud is a very clever idea - love this card Kim!
    Sylvia x
    PS: Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee, hee, that birdie is fab and I love the cutout cloud. A great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Kim, love your Sassy design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really is the cutest Kim
    Awesome card, love the cloud detail, love little elements like that!
    Is funny how we buy more bits from a win lol

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Tweet is adorable Kim! Love all your clever elements that combine to make an awesome card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me smile! LOL! Love Big Tweet in his polka dots and the way you did your cloud! Adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo I do love your sassy quirky bird Kim! He looks so cute in his polka dots and stripes. The scalloped paper with Big Tweet's name all over it is a fun touch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kim! This is fab! The colours are definitely sassy and funky and I love the little bird, cloud and scalloped border. Lovely Kx

    ReplyDelete
  9. O.K. I literally said WOW when I saw this! Sooo stinking CUTE!!! The paper pieced bird and the negative cloud are ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute CAS card! I love how you have arranged the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ... and who says you can't pull off that fun, funky style... this is wonderful!!! Very Fun. Very Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cutie pie. I just had to rush over to Alley Stamps and have a look! B-A-D idea!!!! Super cute stamps! This is so much fun! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super sassy and pretty dang cute, Kim! Love that chubby bird and his cheerful sentiment. The popped up panel on the embossing is a fantastic accent. You are so creative! Big hugs sent to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable, even better than stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim I love this card, what a cute image and the green scallop is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!