Monday, August 28, 2023

Hand Stamped Sentiments: Congrats

I needed a card that was very specifically a masculine coffee/tea cup with a big congrats. I was inspired by the colors at Hand Stamped Sentiments. I might have thought to put the blue with one of the brown tones - but I wouldn't have put those browns together and I ended up loving them on my masculine coffee cup.

Coffee Congrats


Why a coffee/tea a cup and a big congrats? Because the adult son who had been living with us while between jobs, to whom last week I sent a card of encouragement when he moved to Michigan, already has a job!!  And it's a coffee/tea company!!!  He's been doing multiple interviews with them over the last three weeks and knew that each interview felt good - like he really connected.  The job is working with data and he can happily talk data all day long (he even makes it interesting!), but he also likes coffee and he really got to know and love unique teas with a favorite hole-in-the-wall tea shop near his college.  It's already a national chain, although small, and planning to grow so he's on the ground floor - doing something he likes, at a company he likes.  Thus the huge "congrats"!

I had the perfect coffee/tea cup - and was inspired by the masculine colors - for just the right card for this situation!!  Isn't this why we all love this hobby???  The coffee/tea cup is a Sizzix/Tim Holtz colorize die set so lots of itty bitty pieces but each piece is labelled "coffee" or "tea" on the back and the die cuts have detail to show you where the next piece goes. Most importantly, I have a good pair of tweezers and a fine point glue bottle to do the job.  The only requirement for the "congrats" was that it be big and bold. I have an old Winnie & Walter set with just the right look.  I played with a variety of patterned papers in the background but finally decided the sun rays on the embossed panel were exactly the look I needed. 

Thanks to Hand Stamped Sentiments for the color combo that made this just right!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Sizziz/Tim Holtz Cafe Colorize, Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and You, Trinity Stamps Modern Embossed Rectangle

Paper: Stampin' Up Pecan Pie, Copper Clay, Misty Moonlight, Early Espresso, Pebbled Path, Gray Granite

Other: Spellbinders Sun Rays Embossing Folder, Little Things by Lucy Copper Rose Jewels

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim, I love this card! What a brilliant idea for our colors - and perfect for a guy! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy a winner here Kim - those colours are so perfect for that elegant coffee cup and I love the embossed pattern behind too. Congratulations to your son on his successful new role too - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son! And what a fabulous card - I have had this coffee cup die on my wishlist for a long time and keep telling myself I don't need it, but oh boy, do I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card for your son, Kim! A HUGE congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card - and that cup?? It's totally my cuppa tea!
    Best of luck to your son - and congratulations!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - our colours look wonderful here - such a fab card for your son. Thanks for sharing with us at HSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. You created a beautiful cup with the colors and I always love anything with coffee! And a masculine card is another terrific bonus. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this - so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!