Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Celebration for the 600th!!

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  And this is the 600th sketch!!  This amazing challenge and all of the inspiration it provides has been going on since 2011!  It is definitely time to celebrate and we're doing it by paying tribute to our multiple challenge winners. Be sure to go to the link above and you'll see not only the design team, but also those that have been a Perfect Princess or Prince multiple times!

Then be sure to play along. Each of us on the design team will be picking our favorite who will be offered a chance to be a guest in an upcoming challenge.

It's occurring to me as I write that that I really should have done a celebration card, but this week's sketch was perfect for something I wanted to do and here it is.

Thinking of You Fox


So why is this perfect? We have had both adult sons living with us this summer as they are between jobs (or college to job) and living situations. You have to understand that we have already down-sized so it's been an interesting summer.  But the oldest moved out last week!!  He has moved far away to Michigan. He's still between jobs and living situations but he really needed the mental boost of heading where he wanted to end up.  He's temporarily living with his girlfriend who is extremely appreciative of my cardmaking so I wanted to send a card to him but which appealed to his girlfriend! So I figured a cute critter, bright colors and a "thinking of you" would work.

The little fox is a charming little guy from Honey Bee Stamps Heart Hugs. There are two other critters that I am looking forward to using.  I had the Memory Box Vertical Line Collage out a couple of days ago on this card and I thought it would be fun to create  rainbow by turning it sideways and only cutting half way (then flipping it and cutting the other half, shortening it in the process). 

 I hope to see you celebrating with us!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Messages for Everyday

Dies: Honey Bee Stamps Heart Hugs and Spring Bouquet (the leaves), Memory Box Vertical Line Collage

Paper: Stampin' Up Pecan Pie, Pebbled Path (the hint of shadow behind the fox), Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Boho Blue, Granny Apple Green

11 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love those tiny multi-colored stripes. And I love being on this team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love this little fella! This is such a cute card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fox is delightful - like all of your cards! You are amazingly creative with all of your dies! So glad we are teammates - here's to the next 100!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this card is so sweet! I just love that fox! So cute! Works perfectly with those rainbow stripes! Such a creative card! So thankful we can be on this fabulous team together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little fox is just too darn cute! Love your fun take on the sketch. Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer for the 600th sketch celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the thought process behind this card. And I love the execution more! The colorful horizontal layers look perfect with the fox. And I love that he's holding a heart! I'm so grateful to be part of this special design team with you :) Here's to the next 100 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fox is so fun and it sounds like it will be perfect for your son and his girlfriend. Happy he is moving towards his goals (I know that means so much to you too). Having you on our team has been such a delight. Thanks for being a wonderful part of this group that I love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweet fox against the horizontal stripes makes for a beautifully clean and fresh card - I love it and I'm sure the girlfriend will too! Thank you for having me guest with you to celebrate this momentous occasion - looking forward to many more years of FMS inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute and you did a great job with the partial die-cutting of the line die. I'm so glad we're on this team together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful and super sweet card, Kim! This little fox is so cute and I love the rainbow color strip . Thanks so much for all these years of so inspiring cards and fun sketches. Here's to another 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the die queen! This is an awesome image - love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!