Monday, August 21, 2023

CAS Colours & Sketches: Happiest Birthday

I have had an interesting die in my stash for a while - the Vertical Line Collage by Memory Box.  It's just lines - but I got it specifically with the idea that it would be interesting behind a single stem flower.  Then the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches came along and it all came together.

Cottage Flower and Vertical Lines


I went with a visual rectangle with the cut out stripes down the middle and a few bits and pieces of the flower and sentiment sticking out just a bit. Everything came together easily except the sentiment - it gave me a few headaches trying to figure out what to do within that rectangle. I finally settled on a pre-printed sentiment which I then cut into three small sections. 

I love the fading paper behind it.  My original plan was just black for the drama of it but I love the softness of this paper. While I have the die out - I will have another card posted on Wednesday and the stripes became a rainbow of colors!!  LOVE a versatile product!

Thank you to CAS Colours & Sketches for the isnpiration.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Memory Box Cottage Flower Stem, Vertical Line Collage

Paper: My Favorite Things Coral Crush, Peach Bellini and Gumdrop Green, Studio Light White Fade pad

Other: Simon Says Stamp Reverse Birthday Sentiment Strips, Pinkfresh Leaf Glitter Drops

5 comments:

  1. Kim this is stunning! I love the effect of the narrow stripes behind the flower (and will definitely be back to see what you did with that die for Wednesday's card!) The simple layering and twine bow, glitter drops and simple white on black sentiment are perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the fading stripes. Thank you for sharing your work on the CC&S Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! From the flower to the line die to the ombre paper in behind - it all works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Kim, The blended stripes are perfect and the flower looks stunning over them! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant and beautiful take on the sketch, Kim! The blended stripes make such a clever idea for the rectangle. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!