Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Oh What Fun

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile and here’s what I did with it!

9.15.21 FMS side

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this card.  I had the snowman idea right away, but I was thinking of an elegant, open-style snowman that I thought I had with beautiful snowy papers behind him.  It turns out my mental image of that particular snowman was wrong. So I flipped through the other snowmen that I had and this guy just kept saying "Pick me! Pick me!" and I'm so glad I did.  I found some cheerful papers and smiled the entire time that I was working!

9.15.21 FMS

I used some soft fluffy paper in the hat and then some glitter paper for the snowflake. I struggled with the sentiment a bit because "oh what fun" fit size-wise but I kept singing "...in a one-horse open sleigh" and there's no sleigh here and that bothers my obsessive side.  But there is "fun" here so I stuck with it. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Hello Bluebird Typed Christmas

Dies: Paper Smooches Snowman 2, 

Paper: Bella Blvd Holly Jolly Christmas (the only paper not in this pack are the orange nose, the very light gray outline and the specialty fluffy paper (SU) and sparkly snowflake (Michaels))

Other: Studio Katia Pink Carnation gems

8 comments:

  1. This snowy guy is adorable! Glad you picked him! The background squares are perfect! Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working? I'm sure you meant playing with him! OH WHAT FUN, indeed!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card and another wonderful sketch design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling snowman! What a fun card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the papers you used to back this fun snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How CUTE is that snowman? I Love how you used this for this sketch!!! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun use of the sketch, Kim! That snowman makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute! That wee Paper Smooches snowman is just adorable and I can definitely see him saying "pick me! pick me!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!