Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: New Home Congrats

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it!
 
9.8.21 FMS


I needed a "congrats on your new home" card for my brother and his family. They have lived in Colorado just a suburb or two away for the last 25 years so I have had my young nieces (currently 13 and 16) nearby to do girl things with. (My family consists of a husband and two grown sons - all guy, all sports, all stinky bedrooms, all the time!) Sadly for me, my brother's family just moved far away to Milton, Georgia.  It's a great move for them - it makes so much sense for where their life is headed - but I am so going to miss my nieces.  

I wanted to get a congrats card in the mail right away - maybe even the first mail in their mailbox!  I planned it in an entirely different direction.  They bought a house on 3 acres surrounded by big, gorgeous trees so my card was going to be in rich, fall colors. But I was paging through my papers and this one popped out at me. It's a totally different direction, but the paper along with some pink sparkle was just perfect for my nieces.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Paper: Patterned is unknown, Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Simon Says Fog And Smoke, Memory Box Delicate Pastel Glitter pad

Dies: Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here, Taylored Expressions Congrats Script, Sizzix Funky Wreaths

Other: Stampin' Up Woodgrain Embossing Folder

9 comments:

  1. This is a such a pretty card for a new home congratulations! I love the touch of sparkle and shine, and I can totally see how that paper could make you change your original direction. Beautifully done, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card Kim! I love that wreath and sweet little house! The plaid background is fabulous as well! Your brother's new house sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfectly charming! Hope the move goes smoothly for them. Sorry you're losing your girl time partners. I'll bet they're going to miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card design and I love the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this cards is so awesome! I love how you used different companies products to make this card. Well, guess you have a new vacation destination now. I am sure your nieces will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is as sweet as can be! Love the plaid background! And the sparkly pink is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is absolutely dreamy with those soft colors and the plaid design! Love that little birdhouse with the wreath and tiny heart inside too! I'm so sorry you'll be far away from your nieces, but life just isn't fair sometimes. You'll have an excuse to travel and go visit them soon enough though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very pretty and works perfectly as a congrats on your new home card! Sorry your nieces and their parents are going to be so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I know you will miss them so much! That little house is so cute and I love the paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!