Friday, April 23, 2021

Color Throwdown and As You See It: Butterfly Birthday

 I just picked up Stampin' Up's Butterfly Beauty dies - they are retiring and on sale.  I don't know why I waited so long.  The main die that I'm using on this card is stunning and there are many, many other smaller butterflies.  It's a great set.

The colors at The Color Throwdown were definitely butterfly-ish!  Not so much the colors in their graphic, but they list the colors as red, orange, yellow and kraft so perfect for my classic butterfly. I brushed red ink, a few oranges and yellows in a circular pattern, then cut the background butterflies.  I topped it with white. I knew I was going to put it on kraft, but needed a little something extra.  I was looking for inspiration - browsing my stash and browsing various challenges. When I saw the sketch at As You See It, inspiration struck and I used an embossing folder to give me a border.  Thanks to both challenges for the inspiration!!

Butterfly Birthday




Because the butterfly was two layers, I thought it was sturdy enough to pop with dimensional adhesive around the edges and middle.  I like the way butterflies kind of float! The sentiment is popped with a bit thicker adhesive so lots of dimension on this card!

Butterfly Birthday side

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Four You (sentiment)

Dies: Stampin' Up Butterfly Beauty, The Greetery Sentiment Suite: Basics

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Mango Melody, Crumb Cake

Ink: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight

Other: Taylroed Expressions Garden Party Embossing Folder, Pretty Pink Posh Glossy Black gems

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Kim! I never regretted a cent of what I spent on that die set: it comes up trumps every time. I like the way you've added a range of autumn colours into the bottom layer and that embossed frame is a fabulous touch. Thank you for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Kim! Since we have nearly 300 hatch here on our front porch every year, you can imagine I have many butterfly sets - but I don't have, nor have I seen this beauty! Their layers, and details are wonderful. I like the colors you've chosen, too! You're right about them seeming to float - but that first flight is a little rocky!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim. I love how you used the challenge colors to make this pretty butterfly card. Great job! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterflies look fabulous in the throwdown colors! Gorgeous card! So glad you were able to join us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty butterflies! This is wonderful, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colors are perfect for those sweet butterflies!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever way to create the rectangular shape, using an embossing folder! Your butterflies are very pretty, too! Thanks for using our sketch for your layout for As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning display of gorgeous butterflies. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swooning over your gorgeous butterflies; the kraft background is a perfect stage for them.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim your blended butterflies are stunning and the embossed border is genius - such a clever take on the sketch and it really works with the butterfly dies, I love it! Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! I love how you created the color on the inside of the wings, and they stand out so perfectly against that wonderfully embossed Crumb Cake panel. You are ALWAYS an enabler to me; I might just have to go check out that EF myself! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!