Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Poppystamps: Celebrate Your Day

One of my workmates had planned a wedding and a Disney honeymoon in April.  You can guess how that worked out. So last week they got married. I'm not sure if it was online or via paper; I just know she runs home from work every day hoping the paperwork is in the mailbox so she can call herself "married".  Then they will do their honeymoon at some future date.

What I love about making my own cards is that I went with traditional elements for her wedding card using hearts and little birds, but the colors are Disney!!

Poppy Celebrate

I'm really happy with the way this turned out.  In general, I don't believe Clean and Simple cards are at all simple to make.  They may look simple - but with so few elements on your card, it takes work to get an eye-catching look (and to avoid fingerprints and glue spots in all of the white space!)  However, with the right die, it's easy.  These little hanging hearts are the right die! For me, the extra element of the string and bow make all the difference for an interesting card.  (I didn't initially envision the little birds but I needed something to tone down the black heart.)

I was inspired to even think in this direction by the Clean and Simple challenge at Poppystamps. Thank you for the inspiration.


SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Poppystamps Birthday Blowout
Dies: Poppystamps Hanging Heart and Chirping Birds, Memory Box Honeyblossom Sprig (just a bit trimmed off for the branch)
Other: Trinity Stamps Cinnamon Red-Hots Jelly Drop Hearts

4 comments:

  1. A delightful wedding card, Kim! The little birds are a lovely addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are Disney, this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a stunning card! Kim
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The bits of pattern paper in the die cut openings is GORGEOUS! I had to look twice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!