Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches: Love U

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!

FMS Love U

The sketch has a big circle - but when I realized that I had to mail Valentine's in a couple of weeks, the circle quickly became a heart!


This one is for my oldest son. Both my sons are of an age where I tend to get an eye-roll after they walk all the way to their campus mail center only to get a card from their mom. But I also know they would wonder what's wrong if they didn't get that card - so I know it does mean something. I took the new-to-me Simon Says Rainbow Hearts die and did the rainbow in masculine colors, patterns and textures.  Then I found a chunky sentiment.  It was a bit plain so I had to add a tiny little bow and some black nailheads - even though "bling" is a bad word with them!

I have a January goal of cleaning out my Feedly blog lists (we won't talk about how many blogs I read).  I'm very happy with Feedly, but I got a sudden whim to try something different.  I believe the vast majority of people are using Bloglovin' so I gave it a try.  It's giving me a chance to re-organize everything in a brand new space.  What can I say - if I could make a career out of "organizing" (or finding typos in restaurant menus and road signs) - I'd be rich!  But I do need someone to click on that top link so Bloglovin' knows I'm me - thank you!!!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Altenew Label Love
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Heart, Lil' Inker Stitched Squares, Waffle Flower Tiny Twine bow
Paper: Stampin' Up Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake and Pretty Peacock, Stampin ' Up old dsp, Simon Says Fog and Smoke, Bazzill Basics Licorice patterned paper
Other: Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder, black nailheads

9 comments:

  1. Love the look of your masculine heart Kim, what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this card has got a great masculine vibe. The colors, patterns, and texture are like a warm hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful die cut...and perfect guy colors! Love this Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant design. The nod to masculine design coupled with the sweetness of the rainbow arch is a stellar combo.

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute little Valentine! That heart is so sweet! Love the colours of the rainbow inside! Perfect for your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always inspired by your cards, but the ones you make for your sons are extra special. You have such great ideas! I love the way you wove masculine colors and textures into the rainbow heart. And even dared *gasp* to add that tiny bow. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous take on the sketch, Kim! This rainbow patterned heart looks gorgeous and that cute tiny red bow makes the perfect addition to finish off this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Masculine marvelous in every way, Kim! Perfect for your sons!
    I haven't tried Bloglovin'...will take a look once I get some DT 'work' done *grin*
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love that one! The textures and choice of colours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!