Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Delightful Deer

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


I flipped through my not-yet-used stash and came up with this elegant deer.  I figured it worked for the sketch if I put these tall birch trees next to him and a circle of blue behind him. 

FMS Silent Night

Then I ventured from the sketch because I didn't want him to look like he was floating - I needed some ground. In retrospect, I could have added some simple brushed on ground in the background but instead I added some snow banks and some poinsettias - so now you have to look closely to see the sketch!!

I used a variety of dies from a variety of companies. One of my many excuses for having too much is that I need a variety of sizes.  I have multiple Christmas stars but only this one was the right size.  I have a lot of poinsettias - but these were the right size.  I can justify anything!!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week.

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Altenew Blessings
Dies: My Favorite Things Delightful Deer and Mountain High, Memory Box Small Blooming Poinsettia, Taylored Expressions Birch Tree Border and Little Bits-North Star

9 comments:

  1. This is darling!! I love all the beautiful die cuts you used on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your justifications! : ) Everything you chose for this is absolutely PERFECT! I just purchased that deer die set from MFT and you have created a wonderful design...this card makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet scene! Beautifully done! And I totally get it.....sometimes in the creative process you have to go with the flow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! Love the blue circle and yes, I took a closer look at your card, ha, ha.
    The tiny red cardinal sitting on the antlers of this deer, very cute detail! your deer looks a bit like mine.
    And another good justification for buying more stash is that world economy needs investments, and I'm more than willing to do more than my share! :-)
    Ha, ha, according to my lovely and sweet husband, I could keep the world economy going all by myself with all the 'investments' I make, ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh be still my heart! This card is just amazing Kim! I love everything about it. That little winter/Christmas is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling scene Kim, this is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw the sketch right away, Kim, and your card is breathtaking. That deer staring at the Star in the East is incredible. Your cards always make me smile, and I am in awe of your talent. Truly a beautiful Christmas card. Love this one. xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for justifying why I have multiple sizes of certain shapes in my stash! And I can totally see the sketch! Your take on it is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing!! I LOVE the wonderful scene you created on this!!! GORGEOUS design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!