Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Turnip the Beet

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy.


I love this sketch because I love detailed little scenes and this sketch has all of the detail in one area!  I have had a stamp set on my desk that seemed just right for this.  I immediately saw the long strip as grass and then decided some root vegetables(!!) would be just right under the ground.

FMS Turnip the Beet

I added some stenciled clouds in the background and some sunny yellow polka dots.  Then I added the inside scallops to keep it sweet and fresh.  

I love these little guys but I did sort of mess up the turnip by coloring him like a radish (and who would have thought I would ever be typing that sentence!)  The set is going to stay on my desk until I use the carrot with "you're old...but I don't carrot all" and the mushroom with "oh shiitake you're old"!!  

FMS Turnip the Beet Close

You might notice some blue cardstock in the supply list but neither of these photos really show it.  I wanted the top layer to stand up a bit but instead of layering with foam tape or another layer of white cardstock, I added a layer of blue.  On the actual card, it accents the clouds in the sky!

I hope you play along with us this week and I definitely hope you have as much fun with it as I did!!

SUPPLY LIST




10 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute! Love every single thing about it.....from the punny sentiment to the fun veggies and perfect scenery! Can't wait to see the rest of the set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought that root vegetables could be so cute?!? I love the fun puns, and I love that you got to type that you colored the turnip as a radish. :) Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly ditto the above remarks and add the the yellow polka dot/white border is a delightful detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a creative way to use the sketch. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous little scene you've created and what happy vegetables! Super-cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic card! I love those veggies and I LOVE that sentiment! Totally hilarious!!! The grass is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just no way!! This is so totally adorable and that sentiment seriously cracks me up. What a fantastic card, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, for gosh sakes'! Absolutely charming! The faces on the radish and turnip are precious! LOVE!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most fun card I've seen in a long time! And I love beets, turnip, and radishes so this card is all good with me! I love how you framed the scene with just a piece of the polka dotted paper. What a great look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!