Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Weiner Dog

I have been feeling so blocked lately, which is a huge problem because I have two design team commitments this week:
  1. It's new release blog hop and party day for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps tomorrow - the hop is up at 8 a.m. Mountain Time!
  2. It's a new Dynamic Duos challenge on Saturday!
I haven't even felt a glimmer in my brain of ideas for either of these projects.  I finally decided yesterday it was because my desk was overwhelming me.  It was piled high and I had so much to do...
  • I had stray clear stamps that needed to go back with their friends but I couldn't find the sets and constantly worried that they had fallen off my desk into the trash (usually with the help of one of our felines!)
  • I had stray post-its and scraps of paper with shopping lists or card to-dos.
  • I had new sets that hadn't been indexed (I actually take every stamp and stamp set that I own and put it into labelled sections in notebooks.  For example, if I buy a floral set but it happens to include a "Happy Birthday" - that "Happy Birthday" goes in the birthday section of the notebooks and the florals go in the flower section.  A pain in the *!?#** but so very worth it in the long run!)
  • I had wooden sets that hadn't been removed from their blocks and had tacky glue applied (every stamp that I own is in a CD cases)
  • I had cards that weren't "kitted".  Every card you see on my blog is actually one of four.  I either make the other three for our church card sales racks or I cut everything out and put the paper and supplies in a pencil box to take to church cardmaking for others to make.
Wow - that was quite a pity party, huh??

But I finished, and...not a big surprise...now I have lots of ideas in my head for these card commitments!

While I was cleaning, I ran across some stamps that I had purchased half-off at Hobby Lobby.  I knew my mojo was better when I pictured a card using these stamps (not from a set, but they are so cute together), plus the Washi tape I used a few weeks that I swore I would use more than once.  This card was together in  less than a minute!!  Perhaps it shows that it was this fast - but I love it anyway!!



Happy Birthday Weiner Dog

I hope to see you back tomorrow for some new stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy!
  • Stamps: Stampabilities sentiment, Printworks dog
  • Ink: Memento brown, Stampin' Up Island Indigo
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: My Minds Eye Indie Chic Washi Tape

9 comments:

  1. Whew i'm tired from reading all you've done Kim! But it's worth it to feel organized again. And your looong pup makes a cute card! Glad you're feeling inspired again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS awesomeness!!!! We gotta hang out soon dearie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! My mojo often disappears when I need it most and goes into overdrive when I need to do something else, like sleep! I love this card because it looks hand drawn (if one could draw).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so totally adorable :). Wiener dogs are close to my heart....I have one :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the CAS design Kim. Can't wait to see the new ideas your organisational clean-up inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you are a dynamic duo all by yourself! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! Can you come organise me??

    Love your clean card, quirky and fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the quickest cards are super satisfying! I think putting ink to card was just what you needed! (And just what I need too!) Lotsa fun, Kim! And ... good on you for clearing the desk! No wonder your mojo was a tad stifled! I find it hard to relax & stamp when there are jobs hanging over me! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! That washi tape is fabulous and the dog image rocks! Glad you are feeling more organized and that your mojo is back to cooperating with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!