Sunday, May 13, 2012

Jumping on the Hexagon Trend!

There are cards all over blogland right now using hexagons - and I love them!  They look like a comfie quilt - yet most of what I am seeing is still very clean and simple.  Of course, I jumped right on that bandwagon and my hexagon dies arrived yesterday...


Get Well Quilt

I went with this week's very cheerful colors from colourq.  Then, I needed a little help with the idea of a clean and simple quilt - so I went with this week's sketch from clean&simple.


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Perfectly Penned
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke and Tangerine CS, Daffodil and Pear dsp
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: detail white embossing powder, Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Hexagon dies, Stampin' Up dotted embossing folder, misc twine

12 comments:

  1. Love this nice crisp design and now I want hexagon dies. Dang! Another thing to add to the wish list! Thanks for playing with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kim. Hexagons eh? Ok...time to pull out my CM hexagon punch. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, now your convincing me to jump on that wagon too! Super fun Kim, love the big one with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bandwagon! The hexagons are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty, Kim. I couldn't really get into the color combo, but you've made them fit together famously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab take on the sketch! Love the dotted background ... perfect way to highlight the hexagons! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hexagons and how you made the one with the sentiment bigger...brilliant. Beautiful card Kim. Hope you had an amazing Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely need me some of those hexagon dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous take on that sketch! I've got some hexagon stamps that I haven't inked up yet and now I'm feeling guilty! A hexagon die sounds like the perfect accessory!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool card! Now I think I "need" some hexagon dies, as well.Enabler alert! Haha! I really like how you added the little pops of Tangerine Tango, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hexagons do look fab. Love your balance of the colour scheme with textured white. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hexagons make a clean crisp card! I love the big one and how one of the embossed ones hang off the design area! Great card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!