This stamp set has such an open and airy feeling to it, I thought it would be a perfect fit for this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches because that trio of squares would serve to "ground" the image.
Does anybody else struggle with "random" gems? So many cards have those three gems that highlight the image or the sentiment. When I study other cards, usually two are together and one is separate. They always look like they were just plopped on - but PERFECTLY "plopped"! I can't tell you how hard I work at getting that random, perfectly-plopped look. I place them, pull them up, try again, and usually keep trying until the paper rips a little and I have to leave the gems where they are. Sad, isn't it??!!
My image was a little narrower than the image area in the sketch and it made the right side look too big and out of proportion. So I added the border punch and then backed it with a piece of dsp to fill in that side.
I also used the soft and sweet colors at CR84FN.
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Up in the Air
- Paper: Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder CS and dsp, Lucky Limeade CS and dsp, misc silver
- Ink: Stampin' Up Going Gray pad, then I wiped off the butterflies and colored with markers in Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade
- Accessories: All Night Media butterfly punch, Stampin' Up border punch, misc gems and ribbon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Copic Marker Matches documents found
on my side bar have recently been revised!!
The majority of the changes relate to the 2012 Copic new marker release and to new Papertrey colors. Here are the specific changes in case you simply want to note them on your current document or simply download/print the new version.
Copic Matches for Papertrey Ink
- Added Canyon Clay, a new PTI color. Papertrey selected E97, E99 and E19. I prefer the new 2012 color, YR27
- Revised Fine Linen single match to be the new 2012 color, E84
Copic Matches for Stampin' Up
- Revised Tempting Turquoise to the new 2012 color, BG57
- Revised Certainly Celery to the new 2012 color, G43
- Added Going Gray to the retired list, W4
- Added Rose Romance to the retired list, R85