Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Anniversary!

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge and this is a big one - it's time to celebrate!  The curtain went up on Curtain Call two years ago!  I remember chatting with Stacey Schafer, our founder, a few months earlier.  She asked if I wanted to help re-open Curtain Call. Absolutely!  Then a few weeks later I heard from her again and I'm thinking we'll start talking about it. Nope - she's got an entire design team, start date, graphics, sponsors - all ready to go!  So here we are, two years later, and still going strong.

The theme for this challenge is "celebrate" and we are going to go all month long.

source: refinery29.com
I was kind of amused when I saw the photo.  This is my second post today and my earlier post discusses the fact that I don't like the mint color.  Then this graphic has mint-toned balloons.  To compound the problem, I don't like gold.  I don't know why.  I love silver, brass, copper, and platinum, but I don't like gold.  I know I'm in the minority on both of these colors, but there's no accounting for my tastes, right??!

Birthday Sparkles


The colors made this card a little difficult for me, but the dies made it easy.  I love this balloon die. It's actually a full background die, I just covered it with another frame die, and I added the bistro lights die behind it.

Check out all the sparkle.  I'm definitely celebrating!

Birthday Sparkles Close

I sure hope to see you playing along.  Remember, the challenge runs the full month of July.  The Lead of this challenge will be invited to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge.

SUPPLY LIST

The gold glitter is Best Creations Glitter Cardstock.  The balloons come from two DCWV Glitter Cardstock Border Stacks that I got from one of the big box stores years ago.  The pictures below show regular sequins for the larger sequins, but at the link you can choose the flat sequins.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!

Celebrate Designers

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Kim! Love the sparkly, shiny balloons and the bistro lights background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Kim! You had me at all that sparkle! Fabulously done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card Kim. Love the sparkly balloons and the bistro lights. Awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute design!!! LOVE the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Your rocked this!! I have this balloon die but I really like how you made it more fancy with the sparkle and the bistro lights behind it. FABULOUS design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sparkle is beautiful Kim! This is a marvelous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked it, Kim... as you do every creation! Those sparkly balloons are awesome, and I love the garland behind them! (And hey, how can you not like mint??? C'mon girl, embrace it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love all the glitter and sparkle Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! Love all the shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is a party card LOL! Adore all the sparkle and those gold banners are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A glimmery, shimmery, glitzy party happening all over this card, Kim! Those balloons...oh my! Pizzazz, plus! And by the way...you wear gold incredibly well *grin*

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous!!!! Love all that sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!