Saturday, November 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Every Little Thing

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Boho Bright!


Our sponsor for this challenge is Verve Stamps A randomly selected participant in the Boho Bright challenge will receive a $30 gift certificate to use at  Verve Stamps, while the LEAD will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!


I love Verve Stamps.  I have for years.  They have a fabulous mix of elegant and funky, Christian and everyday, floral and even robots(!).  Even with my vast collection, I do have to admit that I stared at the inspiration photo for a long time trying to figure out what to do.  I finally decided I was going with the bright colors - they are way out of my comfort zone, but I had a ball working with them - and I think my card will serve its goal of brightening someone's day!

Every Little Thing


I am totally in love with the script of this sentiment!  It's from Let It Be. Each sentiment in it is scripted slightly differently but all are fun and unique.  The flower is one of my favorites for a bold and simple look - it's from Lean on Me and it also has some fun sentiments (and a coordinating die!).  I just got the butterfly after wanting it for ages.  The die is great on its own, but there are also some nice patterns for it in the So Fluttery set.

Although it's a little hard to see with all of the busy-ness of the card - the sentiment is on the Tagged Rectangle die.  The greenery is the Sprightly Sprigs die which I always have handy because it works with fun flowers, bold flower, and even elegant flowers.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!

Boho Bright Designers

Guest Designer, Hannelie Bester


Follow us!

  • Stamps: Verve Let It Be (sentiment), Lean on Me (flower), So Fluttery (butterfly)
  • Paper: Simon Says Blue Violet, Stampin' Up Marvelous Magenta (really old!), Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice and New Leaf, My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose 12x12 pad (from Hobby Lobby)
  • Ink: Simon Says Blue Violet, Versamark
  • Accessories: Verve Tagged Rectangle die, Sprightly Sprigs die, Pointed Flowers die, Papertrey Limeade Ice button, misc sequins
Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Boho Bright for the challenge details and to play along with us!


16 comments:

  1. Kim, this is so pretty, love the addition of the patterned paper...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Kim. Love the white embossed images on the colored papers and the wood grain background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wood grain background and those bright flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background paper is pretty and it makes all of your elements pop, terrific card Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SUCH a great sentiment! I love how you've made it the star of the show. Great design work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just FINE, Kim! Perfect blend of colours. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Love how you made all those brights sing with the weathered wood background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Consider your goal achieved, Kim: your card has thoroughly brightened my day, and in a much needed, most timely way! Thank you!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers and butterfly look fabulous in white against those brought colours! And yes, the sentiment is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way the more subtle background showcase your bright happy focal point Kim!
    Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty :) love the wood grain !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you used these colors, Kim ! That background is beautiful!
    Thanks for all you kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!