Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Curtain Call Reminder: Watermelon Wonder

Just a reminder - there's still time to play along at the current Curtain Call.  You have until August 10th at 8 a.m. CDT to be inspired by this picture:


I wanted to make a second card for this challenge.  My first card used Chinese lanterns (you'll have to check it out to see why I thought Chinese lanterns worked for this challenge!)  I definitely wanted to do a second card actually using a watermelon.  I wanted to stick with the gorgeous coral colors from the inspiration, but I have to tell you that my husband wandered by and told me something was serious wrong with the watermelon because it was orange!!

Tasted Watermelon coral

I'm using the fun fruit digis from Rockwell Designs (see the tabs across to access all of the digis)
But here's my deep, dark secret....I don't like watermelon...shhhhh...don't tell anyone!
  • Stamps: Rockwell Designs digital stamps
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, New Leaf dsp
  • Ink: Memento black, Copics
  • Accessories: Avery Elle Sequins: Citrus and Lucky Blend, Lil' Inkers stitched rectangles and squares, Stampin' Up Calypso Coral twine

8 comments:

  1. Pretty+++! Everything about this card is cheery; perfect 'capture' of the challenge colours! (pinkie promise not to tell your secret, because I'm standing beside you re: watermelon. I'll take blueberries and raspberries any day!). Have a fantastic Wednesday,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your watermelon looks orange. It looks PERFECT! Love the matching sequins and the bakers twine. Wonderful card Kim. Thanks for the shout out about my digi, I really love what you did with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Honey! Mmmmm fabulous colours ... so bright & funky! Can I ask where you buy your Avery Elle sequins??? I feel the NEED for some! (grin) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. how delicious is this?! a WONDERful WATERMELON card, Kim...and love the sequins:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just too cute...I love how you used those sequins, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect colouring & matching sequins Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a SWEET card Kim. Love the watermelon image and the coloring. The sequins look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Great minds think alike, Kim! I LOVE your watermelon card...so funny that we both used the stitched rectangle border AND noted our secrets (I'm not a fan of watermelon, either!)! I adore your card, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!