Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Soft and Subtle Dynamic Duo

This week's Dynamic Duo Color Challenge is a "Subtly Yours" pairing - Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze.  I immediately envisioned a gentle silhouette scene.  I wanted it to be very small - I have lots of silhouette stamps, and the smallest and daintiest of all of them is a set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called Nature Silhouettes.


Subtly Thinking of You

I added a quick "swoosh" of pink dots to to add interest, sponged the edges a little, a simple sentiment - and done!!!  This is why I love a starting point for my cards - and a two-color color challenge like Dynamic Duos is perfect!!

Here's all of the other design team members for your inspiration.  I hope you play along!!  Create your card and head back to the Dynamic Duos blog to link it up.  We love seeing your creations!
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Nature Silhouettes and Thinking of You, Stampin' Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds for the "swoosh" of dots
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette
  • Accessories: White crochet thread, Stampin' Up Twitterpated Button Collection, Crystal Stickles

15 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, I really, REALLY LOVE this card! It is soft and gentle and, to be honest, just perfect, in my opinion! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a beauty, Kim! I just love the softness of this and the sprinkling of pink dots is a great touch!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim
    Fabu
    Ous card .... So delicate .... Love the colours.....
    Loving your app. For photo files it is great..... Think i did send you email... Not sure....
    Hugs sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kim
    I love the duo colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Kim, I love the sparkly dandelion seed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, the silhouette panel is so pretty and it sits beautifully against the scored border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft and dleicate Kim! I love your wispy flowers floating in the breeze...PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so serene and pretty! I love the two color stamping and never would have thought to combine these shades for a silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this card. The little fluff floating away is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never Remember to use my spritzer and yet it is so effective! Fab inspiration, Kim. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful, serene card. The pink spritzing is a fabulous touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Kim, that image is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These colors are stumping me because I don't need any baby cards. I love your sweet silhouettes and it started me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a peaceful scene you have created and I love your use of the spritzer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!