Monday, July 30, 2012

Never, Never, Never Give Up

This is my second post today.
It's a quick scroll down to The Alley Way Stamps sneak peek!

My teenager is suffering from a serious case of teenager-itis and after a long and difficult talk last night, I wanted to have a card ready to go for him this morning.

There is a perfect digi download over at Word Art Wednesday - it's a Christian group that has weekly downloadable Word Art - Christian and inspirational.  I discovered them through Marlena at Marlena Is Faithfully Crafting - she has wonderful cards and also amazing faith stories to go with each card.

Never Give Up
I am still playing with Washi Tape for the Catered Crop Recipe challenge and I got the layout from clean&simple's current Fall To Layout.

  • Stamps: Word Art Wednesday download
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: Woodgrain Washi Tape from Love My Tapes, striped red from Queen & Co., EK Success postage border punch, Tim Holtz embossing folder

12 comments:

  1. Great card Kim, love the embossed gears. Ahhh yes the teenage years, hang in there! SO happy our son is grown and married LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean-ness of this - great sentiment and wonderful steam punk tie in through the embossing! I have a teen too - I know where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,great title, love the CAS look

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, Teenage years are the worst! A Doctor told a friend of mine to just feed them keep them warm and love them till they come out the other end. Mine is just starting on his teenage years but I'm sure he's practising for the last year! A super clever card. love the embossed cogs in the background.

    Aileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Kim. Great job combining challenges. We really LOVE that you chose to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, great card, Kim! Can I start over and have you be my mom?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS card for that special guy. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice mum you are! I am sure your teenager will look back one day and will thank you for the time & effort & love you have put in. My youngest daughter turned 20 this month ... My 4th to enter their 20s! At times it is a hard slog but so worth it in the end! Now I just need to get my baby through ... He is 14! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, you bless me! ;)

    I love your clean, crisp card. I hear ya about teens...girlies need talks too and I am always praying for wisdom! I need it!

    Your son is blessed to have a mom that loves him and prays for him! He can't give up with you loving him so~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clean and crisp look of this card. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous!! Love the clean look to it.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!