Saturday, July 14, 2012

Less Is More: Three

If you are here for the Dynamic Duos post,
it's just a short scroll away!

This week's Less Is More challenge is EASY - - "THREE" - - and there is no better number to use for cardmaking. Of course, to counteract the easy theme - it had to be ONE LAYER week.  I really do like CAS cards, but one layer is hard.  I always at least want to put one layer at the back as a frame.

I am seeing a lot of cards out there that are a stamped solid image, highlighted with Copics or other pens.  I decided to give it a try on this very simple card.  There is just a touch of darker color near the bodies of the butterfly.


Deepest Sympathy

You can see it a little better on this card that I rejected because the top butterfly was just too "heavy".  (For the record, I'm not in love with the first card either, but it's hard to go too wrong with the gorgeous sentiment and sweet little butterflies!)

Deepest  Sympathy




Notice that I used THREE butterflies, THREE little blings and, I just noticed, there are THREE words in the sentiment (or maybe that's stretching it a little bit!)






My butterflies are the colors from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge


You'll have to read on to my next post which was an attempt at a card for LIM - but after I got done with it, I noticed the big bold "ONE LAYER" on their challenge!  Oops.
  • Stamps: DRS Designs sentiment, PTI Beautiful Butterflies
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, So Saffron, black, Copics to match
  • Accessories: tiny bling

31 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning. The color and the simple design are fabulous.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing card, who could fail to be uplifted on receipt of this?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. I love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Kim! Both of them. Sympathy cards are hard and these are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simple elegance of these cards and that sentiment stamp is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim
    Fantastic collection of cards. I think the Sympathy cards are beautiful. Love your little scene on the Dynamic Duos card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely KIm, lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week! (and three is my favorite number). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, both of these cards are wonderful examples of CAS design. I think the proportion of scale is consistent with the font (D and S). This is an excellent example of CAS and a one layer design. I love seeing CAS done so well. Thanks Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim
    Love your card... The butterflies are gorgeous... Love that sentiment.....
    Hugs sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my your cards are beautiful! The butterflies are so soft and gentle looking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Single layer is hard but both of these are stunning! Love the colours & your touch of added depth to the colours is perfect. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, this card is simply stunning! A magnificent creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw your first card on the LIM blog this morning - I swear I didn't see it before I made my (almost identical) card! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of these, Kim, but I actually think I prefer the second one a tad bit more. :) I'm always partial to asymmetrical designs that are well balanced, and these are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely butterflies and sentiment Kim. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are equally beautiful, Kim. Great CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE your sympathy card with the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Kim... I love the shading on your butterflies!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are beautiful, as usual, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh.....these are both beautiful, I didn't think there was a thing wrong with the first one! Yikes! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, absolutely gorgeous Kim. They are both beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards - couldn't choose a fave between them. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, beautiful! You can't go wrong with that beautiful sentiment and pretty butterflies. Love the bit of tiny bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! So pretty, Kim! They just couldn't be any more perfect! Yum! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely beautiful, Kim. Both are beautiful, actually, but I adore the first one. Those butterflies are just gorgeous and your shading with Copics adds so much. Lovely! Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love them both too Kim, super cards again as per :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both sensational Kim

    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less si More"

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think both cards balance well. I love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kim, both cards are gorgeous..but the balance in the second card is much better. I LOVE the second card. That sentiment is wonderful...might need to do a little shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!