Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Treasure Life

There's a big celebration going on over at The Paper Players - it's their 100th challenge!  Their challenge to us is to use our favorite of their past challenges.  I couldn't possibly pick a favorite challenge so I went for a challenge that I had wanted to play and didn't find the time.  It's a color challenge using a wonderful soft and gentle color scheme.


Treasure Life




I had the card stamped yesterday morning - with the sentiment on one side and the flowers on the other - but something wasn't quite right - they seemed too separate.  This morning, it hit me.  I also had my folder of vellum on my desk to play along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  I thought that a piece of vellum in the corner would give it a misty look - as if the flowers were rising out of it...this would go along with the sentiment of hope. And if the vellum went over to the sentiment side, they would be more connected.  (OK - maybe I'm overthinking it - but thanks to CAS-ual Fridays for giving me my inspiration!)

Treasure Life

  • Stamps: Close To My Heart Treasure Life
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz (the pear does get a little lost under the vellum)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, white, Making Memories vellum
  • Accessories: misc twine, Recollections (Michaels brand) butterfly punch, Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles

18 comments:

  1. So do I, that vellum is neat and the whole card is very pretty! Thanks for playing at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stamps and colors Kim and the vellum's perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely sensational Kim
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it would have been beautiful either way, Kim, but the vellum does add a lovely misty texture. Good thinkin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a soft and elegant card,Kim! Love how you have used vellum. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kim! Lovely verse and the colour combo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely not over thinking it, I can see exactly what you mean! The torn vellum is a wonderful addition and what a gorgeous sentiment too:0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see exactly what you were aiming for. It works brilliantly. The vellum adds an extra softness. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetie! And ... thanks for sharing the overthinking! I am always wondering what is inside my fav card makers' heads. How do you get those creative juices flowing??? So ... this was a little hint for me! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vellum is a terrific idea! I would never have thought of that. This is a beautiful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful and that quote is wonderful. That piece of vellum is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. KIM! This is SOOOOO soft and pretty... I'm in love... haha! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love that sentiment and how you paired it with the long flowers in the beautiful colors! That little touch of vellum adds the perfect softness! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely superb!! Love the added vellum to your beautifully stamped design! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness....happy sigh! This card is just beautiful...so soft and serene. Just makes me want to slow down and take a deep breath. Absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE the addition of the vellum. Stunning! So glad you joined in the 100th challenge fun at The Paper Players! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!