Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ladybug Parade with TAWS

This is my second post today!

One of my favorite, fun stampers -  Snappy Stampin' with Arielle - designs for The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS).  Check out this charmer and then get a chuckle from this card.  I commented on the eye glass card by saying that she finally wore me down and I was ready to get some TAWS stamps for myself!!  She emailed right back saying that I should check out their current challenge.  It requires TAWS stamps - but they have FREE digis!!  I was all over that!!


The Alley Way Stamps

There are three digis - the ladybug, the cupcake and the sentiment.  I copied the ladybug across the card and then got the wild idea to add a baby bug - oooh, so sweet!!  The challenge was an inspiration piece...


I'm looking at my picture and seeing some sloppy coloring.  You'll have to excuse me but I was in a mad rush to get ready for this wild group...


We fed them...they did a quick Bible study, then it was out to do some football.  I had five pounds of shredded beef that had slow cooked with chili sauce and dill pickles (it's actually quite good) - FIVE pounds - and they loaded their sandwiches so full, there was no meat leftover for seconds!  Now they have headed to a swimming pool and I'm quickly posting before attacking the mountains of dirty dishes!!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps free digital stamps
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Memento black and copics
  • Accessories: Misc twine, a touch of glitter glue on the candle, Cuttlebug border folder (if you haven't seen Cuttlebug's newest release they have regular folders paired with coordinating borders - all really nice!)





18 comments:

  1. oh my heavens.. this is simply ADORABLE!! I just love the bitty bug, and the cupcake on the top, oh and the twine... this is so much fun!!! :) thanks so much for playing! I am your newest follower!
    Hugs
    Ali-owner of TAWS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I LOVE the baby ladybug...adorable!! SUPER cute card. And hey Kim...Where's the beef !?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your card is sooooo cute! Your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at The Alley Way Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card totally rocks Kim! Love your line of big bugs, the itty bitty bug, the triple twine, the border embossing & all that glorious white space that makes your imagery "pop"! A real treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Kim - I love how your card tells a little story. Looks like your gang of boys had a good time but surely they needed to burn of a little more of that energy on the dishes?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo in love with this card Kim! It's simply adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! The baby bug was a great idea, and I just love how you pulled all the elements together. Thanks for the heads up on the CB efs--I'm going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh! More summer delights! Are you trying to make me jealous! We always seem to have extras to feed here too! How cute is this card! I love how you placed the images! Gorgeous! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card Kim! I love the embossed panel, and the pretty twine wrap, you nailed that inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright and cheerful card. Love the embossed panel and the triple twine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youre card is so adorable! These bugs are soooo sweet and the colouring is just wonderful.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, once again you have made an amazingly gorgeous card!!! So happy you got a chance to play with us @ TAWS! That ladybug with the cupcake cracks me up - too cute! You're so clever that way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look like you're having way to much fun here! Simply darling. A great design, crisp lines, and then you threw us a bonus with the cutest little baby bug - brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Kim - LOVE the baby bug and cupcake :) Many thanks for joining in the fun at The Alley Way Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim, this has got to be one of THE cutest cards I've seen in a long time! Love that little lady bug in the line up! So cute!! The embossed edge is perfect and the mix of twines is so fun! What can I say?! I adore this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim this card is adorable!! I really love how you morphed the inspiration piece. Now I wish I had a printer at home so I could get my hands on that cute digi stamp. Well done and absolutely the cutest card I've seen in a long time.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute parade of ladybugs, Kim! I love the baby in there. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, what a sweet little card. Love the white background. It really makes everything pop. And of course, twine goes everything.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!