Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Day with the Sweetest Sketch

I love this week's sketch from the sweetest thing probably because it has little flags and I have finally invested in a variety of flag dies.  (I probably jumped on board this trend about the time that it will be ending!!  But it does really add a festive look!)


the sweetest thing sketch challenge





The various items on this card come from a real mish-mash of products.  The combination of colors is WAY out of my comfort zone - it comes from a pad of paper I picked up from Hobby Lobby at 50% off strictly to challenge myself - and I LOVE it!  There are also three stamp companies represented and two die companies!  Even with all of that, this card came together so easily. I love crafting days like this!!

  • Stamps: Doodlebug/Hampton Arts cake holder (I can't find a name on the set), Studio G (Michaels $1 stamps) cupcake and Stampin' Up Friendly Phases.  (The Doodlebug set also includes a really cute cupcake, but it is a solid image and I wanted to add more color.)
  • Paper: It's the Little Things pad by Fancy Pants, Stampin' Up Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Orchid Opulence (a blast from the past!) and Pool Party
  • Ink: Memento black and copics
  • Accessories: The Crafts Meow Easy Rosette die, Spellbinders Pennants (flag die), Doodlebug black gems

9 comments:

  1. Love the colours and textures of this pretty card. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the stamps and colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Kim - I love the mixture of colours and patterns, and of course that sweet cupcake!

    Thank you so much for leaving some love on my blog. You gave me a much needed reason to smile after what has been a very tough day. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful, Kim! Just the sweetest choice of colours and love the way you have used your papers! Like you ... I have resisted the 'flag fad' ... simply because I just can't have EVERYTHING!!! But ... I do love the look. Hhhmmm ... perhaps you have talked me into it? Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is fun when everything comes together easily and this beautifully! Glad you had a great craft day, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't jumped on the flag bandwagon yet either, but I have to say the flags look great on this card! They add just enough interest and color to pull this card together beautifully! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope this trend doesn't die out anytime soon! That would make me so sad! Your card is wonderful! I love the rosette and the happy colors. So clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy do I love this card! Every clean and simple element. From your designer paper to your image - caught my eye right away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the ribbon tags and the flowers. Very pretty card Kim. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!