Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Colorado Fire Update

The winds are starting to howl again for another long night of fires (see yesterday's post for details.)  Here are a few unimaginable photos from yesterday in Colorado Springs, Colorado.










A thousand firefighters are fighting this fire.  And this is only one of 10 in our state.

The news station are providing regularly updated lists of all the fires so we can keep track...in Boulder, Colorado there are 1500 people ready to evacuate.  Another huge fire is at 90,000 acres, 257 homes gone and 1 death - and it is only 65% contained - but luckily it is not in a heavily populated area as above.

Keep praying...

Edited: Not long after I posted, the winds calmed down and changed directions, so for tonight, at least, it's staying away from the city.  This is good news for tonight, but understand that in the best case scenario, this won't be out for a month, so it will be a daily waiting game for all of the home owners.

Colorado Springs in better days...


11 comments:

  1. OMG Kim they are lke scenes from a movie!! how horrific.
    We are not getting any of this coverage on our news at all.
    Really hoping and praying for a miracle to stop these wildfires !
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My continued prayers Kim and an extra one that it doesn't head your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the updates and photos. It's on our news here, as well as the flooding in Florida, and I've heard there are also fires in Utah. It's just awful. All we can do is pray and be thankful for the fire fighters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing photos like these from friends on Facebook and my heart just goes out to everyone affected. SO horrible! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. what horrifying scenes. I'll be praying for your safety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unimaginable! The dentist I work for has a sister living there in Colorado. She and her family have been evacuated once...were allowed to return to their home, but everything inside smells of smoke. So many lives are affected by these fires! I really hope these end soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kim.. I don't know what to say.. We have so much rain here in Calgary, Canada.. there are floods and everything.. I pray that some of this will head out your way.. I am sure God can come up with a better plan.. But I hope and pray He will do it soon. And that things will turn around for your city.
    Please be safe..
    I pray God will give you peace in your head when you lay down to rest.. That must be so hard..

    Shalom, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your post and seeing those photos literally sent chills down my spine. How terrible for everyone. I'm hoping for the best possible outcome for everyone affected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is so incredibly sad to see people's homes go up in flames. There are so many fires right now in the western states.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fire of this magnitude is unheard of where I live Kim and I can't simply can't get my head around these photo's. While I am grateful you and your family are safe where you are, I pray that these fires are out soon, with no (or minimal) loss of life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Kim...
    I was praying for the families in the High Park Fire, now that the Waldo Fire is on the upsurge, I will pray for them (and the Boulder fire)now. Those pics look awful. But I lived thru the same thing 2 weeks ago. The fire was only 2.5 miles from me. That orange dirty sky reminds me of the days we lived thru that. Glad you're in Parker, not Manitou!
    Take care and keep praying. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!