Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sweet 'n Sassy April New Release Hop


Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps April New Release Celebration!  All of the Design Divas are excited to kick things off today with a fun blog hop full of inspiration using the sets that will be available for purchase in the store tonight.  Ready to get started?

You have probably comes from Dina's blog (aren't those Calla Lilies absolutely amazing!)  If you started with me, you might want to head back to the starting point on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog.

This owl has to have the cutest expression that I have ever seen...


The set is called "Owl Be Here" and includes seven fun sentiments!

The second stamp that I got is called "Flower Field".  My original plan was to use the field of flowers behind the owl, which I still think is a great idea but my cards for today didn't quite work that way.  So I took part of the image (the actual image is not quite 4" x 4") and put together these little scenes...



Did you notice the grass on the owl card and the fence on this card?  Another new release item - a very useful set of dies!!

Next on the hop is Melisa.  Have fun!

Here's the full list of Design Divas (and our special April Guest) sharing their creativity with you today:


Make plans to join us tonight over in our member company forums on Splitcoaststampers for our New Release Party!  We'll have full reveals of each fabulous stamp set, fellowship and chatter with friends, fun challenges, and more!  Also.....did you know today is Korin's birthday?!  Isn't that fun?  To celebrate, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps will be giving away a $34 gift certificate to the store.  l you have to do is leave Korin some birthday wishes over on this photo on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Facebook page

I used two sketch challenges for my cards:





19 comments:

  1. Oh my Kim, the owl with the tiny pink bow is just adorable! Love both of your cards (the fence with the flowers is fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet cards! I really like the new dies. They are definitely something useful!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kim, the color combo is one of my very favorites, I just love how bright and beautiful BOTH these cards are, you've used the sketches and the sets in a fabulous way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable cards dearie!! Thanks for stopping by with your son last night.....that meant a lot to me!!!! Now that we met each other we can go crafting together!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW! I love the bow you put on that cute owl's head and the woodgrain embossing and grass look terrific too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Kim. Such pretty colors and images. Love how you used the die-cuts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-DOR-A-BLE both of them are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very pretty!! I love the woodgrain paper in the first card!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't decided who I'm in love with the most ... Rhubarb is his sweet little bee costume or this little cutie. Love the bow you added to yours. I love the bold colors you used on both of your cards. The butterfly and fence dies are just perfect. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, these are adorable!! LOVE your sweet owl and great wood grain dp!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kim...both scenes are just adorable and incredibly creative! Love the little bow on the owl and splitting the flower field into three panels is such a wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That owl is fantastic. Your cards are wonderful...the owl one is really speaking to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the almost fluro look on these cards! The bright colours make them appear so happy and sunshiny! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two cute cards. Love the owl and super sentiment. The second is so sweet too and love the fence. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how you color coordinated your two cards! :) The bow is the perfect finishing touch for the cute owl. The multiple panels to show off the floral stamp is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. woow... how cute. I love the owl and the wooden background and the selected colors fit together perfectly! Love it!

    Have a blessed day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a darling card, both of them actually. I love that owl on the first one and the second one just makes me smile with the colors and springy feel. Sorry it took me so long to get over to comment. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kim, both of these cards are adorable!!! the owl card will have to be a top fave, the woodgrain paper/embossing? you used with the owl card is perfect! A winner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!