Monday, February 27, 2012

Razzleberry and White: He Lives

Pin It
This card is so NOT what I had envisioned when I got this stamp set!  It was going to be a classic kraft/white/subtle Easter card.  But I saw this morning's Splitcoast Clean and Simple challenge and then saw this stamp set sitting square in the middle of my craft desk - I knew it could work.  The Razzleberry adds a regal tone and the white would keep it fresh and peaceful.


The pink on the cross is actually glitter.  Have you ever noticed that "clear" glitters generally have a color cast?  I grabbed the nearest glitter and wish I would have looked more carefully.  The clearest glitter that I have found is Martha Stewart's - I buy it in giant bottles at Michaels.  This cross does not use Martha Stewart - had I stood up and walked three steps, I would have had that clear glitter.  Teaches me to be lazy!

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy He Lives
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry, white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Razzleberry Ribbon and Scalloped Border, Sweet 'n Sassy cloud dies, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Impress Sparkle Glitter


10 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is gorgeous, Kim! I really like the clean design with all of the beautiful elements you added. Thanks for the tip on the MS glitter, too. I have to check that out. Have a happy Monday! :)

Ginny said...

I love this card - what a perfect Easter card....it says it all! Great design.

Ann Schach said...

Clean and beautiful, Kim! A wonderful color choice for Easter!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I am a lazy stamper too! I need to try more layers more often! But thanks for a giggle for the day! If you hadn't told us ... I would have thought the 'pink' was to match the RR! Gorgeous card, Kim! Hugs xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning!

Aileen said...

The rich razzleberry is fab. Super treatment of your image. x

Jen W. said...

The Razzleberry is totally regal and perfect for this image. And I think you can get away with the glitter having a slight colour to it since it's a pink colour and so keeps it relatively monochromatic. If it was a different colour all together it might have been a problem...

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Kim! I think the pink looks fine.

Denise said...

This is gorgeous and all the colors are perfect. I like the very slight shade of pink on the cloth as it could represent the love that was bestowed. Sometimes mistakes can bring on unintentional meaning or feeling. I love your card as is.

Denise said...

The slight pink can actually be interpreted in so MANY different ways. I really love this card.