Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Harvest Blessings

 I am very late to the world of stencils. Actually that's not quite true. I bought dozens and dozens of them when they first started coming out and then I stenciled once or twice but just didn't enjoy it. I think it's a little bit like cooking dinner - I say I don't enjoy cooking but what I really dislike is cleaning up.  Ditto with stencils. I get ink everywhere and then there are the brushes to clean and don't get me started on how much the permanent stains made by red ink stress me out.

But the newer generations of stencils are absolutely amazing and they create works of art.  I feel like I'm missing all the fun of stencils. I went through my current stash of stencils - most of which are the simple background stencils that came out with the first generation of stencils- but I found this two layer Leaves Wreath by Simon Says and thought I'd give it a try.  

Harvest Blessings

You can see I'm very simplistic although I'm quite proud that there are actually 7 colors on this card all blended together - two oranges, two yellows, two greens and the brown. I definitely groaned heavily when it was time to clean up so I'm fairly sure that stencils still won't be my thing but I like the results and I just might be able to justify bringing a few of the newer amazing artistic stencils into my stash.

The sentiment was done on a banner simply because I refused to stamp directly on my stenciled background with the potential to mess it up!

(Hey Carol - this is the second card this week and I already have #3 ready to go! You are a good motivator!!)

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Right at Home Be Thankful

Stencil: Simon Says Stamp Leaves Wreath

Ink: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Peach Pie, Pecan Pie (hungry yet?!), Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lime Twist

Other: Stampin' Up Subtle embossing folder, Pinkfresh Gold Glitter Drops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!