Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Ghostly Cats

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren and here’s what I did with it!
 
Ghostly Cats


I swore I was done with ever making Halloween cards.  There is really no one in my life to send to. My adult sons just roll their eyes, my teenage nieces never really did Halloween and I don't have any obsessive friends.  And that was OK with me - I could just keep focusing on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  But now my oldest son has a serious girlfriend and she deeply appreciates anything that I send. Plus they just got a cat, plus the Ghostly Cats die from Poppystamps just came out. All of that was telling me that I wasn't done with Halloween cards after all!!

I was thrilled when I realized I had a pumpkin die in my stash that mimicked the tag in the sketch. Then I found some fun and feminine Halloween paper and plopped the pumpkin in a field of flowers. (I'll address it to both my son and the girlfriend but we all know the girlfriend trumps the son when I design a card for both of them.)  I am very limited in Halloween sentiment dies. I had wanted to put a longer sentiment on the diagonal but just couldn't fit what I had. I like how it ended up though when the "trick or trick" fit into the open space. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Poppystamps Ghostly Cats, Papertrey Ink Tricky Trio (retired), Picket Fence Layering Flora: Pretty Pumpkin Die

Paper: The Stamp Market (retired), Stampin' Up Wild Wheat, Pumpkin Pie (background of the pumpkin)

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your card! Those dies are the best! My bday is on Halloween, but I don't send many cards out either. I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me how much I LOVE that paper pack from TSM, Kim - such a darling card for your son's girlfriend! You HAD ME at those darling costumed kitties!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every perfectly cute element you've added to this spooktacular little card! Aren't those ghostly cats from Poppy fun? Your son might roll his eyes at it, but his girlfriend will have a big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I didn't even know there was such a thing as feminine Halloween paper, but I love it! And those cats -- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful to use the pumpkin for the tag in the sketch! Totally delightful Halloween card which I know your son's girlfriend will love! By the way, I've always had trouble getting a good inking of that old HA rubber stamp, but the MISTI and the Versafine Clair ink stamped more than once worked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!