Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Birthday Butterfly

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell and here’s what I did with it!
 
Birthday Butterfly

I knew this sketch was going to be about the paper. I generally don't use a ton of patterned paper so why not pull out a favorite pad and use it on this card!! That part was easy, but then I started thinking sentiments.  First I thought about stamping in the square.  Then I thought about a long sentiment across the bottom.  Finally I accidentally stumbled on this older square happy birthday and it fit perfectly! 

Then it needed something more - I really like dimension and it was very flat. A butterfly seemed like a perfect addition given the floral patterns. I LOVE this older layered butterfly from Birch Press - his little antennae are my favorite. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Birch Press Genevieve Butterfly Layer set,  Lil' Inker Designs Boxed Up Birthday

Paper: Honey Bee Stamps Sweet on You, Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom

Other: Stampin' Up Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Gems

7 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous Kim! I love that paper! It's all so pretty! Love that sweet butterfly as well! This card will definitely delight someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patterned paper worked great and so did the fun sentiment! Cute card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this sketch and what you created with those pretty papers! I like that designs like this make for flat mailing too, saving postage costs! Very pretty birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sketch is a great one for patterned paper & I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was kizmet that you had the square sentiment! It's perfect for the sketch and I love the mix of patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and that HB die is perfect for the sketch! Love the addition of the butterfly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mix of colors and patterns, Kim! A brilliant take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!